#TXMS Student Spotlight: Zoha Zahid, MSM

Program:

Master of Science in Marketing

Undergraduate University and Major: Lahore University of Management Sciences – Bachelor of Science in Management Sciences

Graduating Class: Class of 2020

About Zoha: My favorite hobbies include dancing and acting in theatre. Ever since I was a little girl, I have actively participated in shows at school and other external platforms and taken advantage of every opportunity to perform.

Proudest accomplishment: My proudest accomplishment is that last year, my team reached the national final round of the Global Unilever Talent Hunt competition in Pakistan. We were one of 3 teams that reached this stage out of the 1300 that initially participated in the competition.

Why did you choose the MSM Program?

What attracted me to the MSM program was that the coursework is the perfect blend of the quantitative and qualitative aspects of Marketing, making it extremely effective in developing a thorough understanding of the subject. Secondly, I was highly motivated by how career-focused the program is and the vast network that being a part of The McCombs School of Business allows us to benefit from. Lastly, as an international student, the STEM status of the program was a definite plus-point for me to consider.

What have you enjoyed so far this year and what do you look forward to for the future?

I have really enjoyed building some amazing friendships with my peers and the wonderful faculty that McCombs has provided us with. Of course, I’ve learned a lot from course material, but a large part of the learning came from putting myself out of my comfort zone and meeting new people at various networking events – I’m so glad I was encouraged to do that here. I look forward to helping the program become the best MS Marketing program in the country, and I’m super excited to share my story with future prospective students, especially those back home in Pakistan.