#TXMS Student Spotlight: Apoorva Jasti, MSBA

Program:

Master of Science in Business Analytics

Undergraduate University and Major: Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati – Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology

Graduating Class: Class of 2020

About Apoorva: I love working on data to improve customer experience. I worked as a consultant for ~3 years at ZS Associates focusing on healthcare analytics. I love travelling, hiking and adventure sports. I love going on treks and the live music in Austin.

Proudest accomplishment:

My proudest accomplishment is getting an early promotion. In a team of 100 members where everyone got promoted in 2.5 years, I got promoted in 2 years. This motivated me, and helped me understand my importance in the team and that my contribution is very valuable.

Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

MS in Business analytics at UT Austin is known for its reputation in academic excellence, its commitment to research and teaching, and its location. The course curriculum is flexible and enables me to mold my career path. The career services team actively help students to be ready for professional jobs and give opportunities to students to interact with employers.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

I am looking forward to learning the different tools and trends in the data analytics space. I am also looking forward to making new friends and working on various projects with them.