#TXMS Student Spotlight: Subhayu Chakravarty, MSITM

Program:

Master of Science in Information Technology & Management

Undergraduate University and Major: IIT Kharagpur – Mechanical Engineering

Graduating Class: Class of 2020

About Subhayu: I am truly a jack of all trades, but I like to see myself as a Da Vinci person, or polymath, if you will. I feel very artistic when I paint, sketch or write articles on philosophy. I feel adrenaline rushes when I play soccer or find a unique chord combination on my ukulele, and definitely when my code works.

Proudest accomplishment:

I have two and both are getting admits to two great universities. The first was my undergraduate college – IIT Kharagpur which required the cracking of India’s toughest engineering entrance examination. The second was getting into UT Austin, my dream university for a Master’s education.

Why did you choose the MSITM Program?

I lose myself in time when I code and I’m very passionate about the world of tech. This world requires constant updates to one’s skillset and I’m an enthusiastic lifelong learner with a promise to never stop educating myself. This brought me to seek a higher, more specialized degree at UT, which is teaching all the latest and greatest pieces of technology in this brilliantly designed MS program.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

People call this course intense, but honestly I’m looking forward to the intensity. I’ve had quite a comfortably paced job with a stagnating learning curve and I believe I’m ready to deep-dive into technologies I’ve never used before and master them in this packed schedule.