#TXMS Student Spotlight: Emet Lieberman, MSM 2020

Program:

Master of Science in Marketing

Undergraduate University and Major:

University of Texas at Austin, International Relations and Global Studies

Graduating Class:

Class of 2020

About Emet:

I was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I am the oldest of three boys. I love trying new food and traveling. In my free time I like to read, play chess, watch basketball or football, and play old video games on my PlayStation 2.

Proudest accomplishment:

This year I won a free throw shooting competition at halftime during the UT-Kansas Men’s basketball game. My prize was only a $10 Schlotzky’s gift card, but the memory (and video recording) lasts forever (the sandwich was also quite good).

Why did you choose the MSM Program?

I love to think abstractly and creatively but am also drawn to data. The marketing program offered a mix of courses which would satisfy both these desires. The courses also allow me to develop important hard skills that my Liberal Arts education did not offer me.

What are you most looking forward to this year ?

Football season, Big 12 Champs incoming! From an academic perspective I’m most looking forward to learning analytical tools that I can bring to the workforce and be a difference-maker. For the program I’m excited to build camaraderie with my cohort. Getting to really know the people in my classes is something I missed as an undergrad– having the same people in every class makes it a little like high school again (minus the drama and hormones). The thesis project also seems really cool!