#TXMS Student Spotlight: Namita Ramesh, MSBA 2020

Program:

Master of Science in Business Analytics

Undergraduate University and Major:

SRM University, India – Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering

Graduating Class

Class of 2020

About Namita:

I moved to Austin just before the program began and the first few weeks were such an amazing experience. This is the first time I have moved away from home and it happened to be all the way across the world!

I am also a food blogger and love to cook. I am a huge nature person and am currently ticking treks, trails, lakes and parks off my Austin to-see list!

Proudest accomplishment:

My biggest achievement is probably learning to communicate well with people. Over the last few years, I have been conscious of how and what I say when I speak to others. This has made a huge difference not just to how people perceive me, but has also helped me understand my way of speaking much better. Being a Toastmaster definitely weighed in on this process.

Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

“What begins here, changes the world.” And that’s exactly what I am here to do!

We live in a world where data is indispensable, now more than ever. Everyone produces data, but not everyone benefits from it. Working as a Data Engineer at Fidelity Investments opened my eyes to the extent of impact data can have on business. I realized early on in my career, that weaving stories from data to enable significant decision making is what I aspire to do in the long run. Choosing to pursue my Masters in Business Analytics was thus, a natural next step for me as I wanted to steer my career in a direction where data science drives change. I was drawn to the industry relevant course structure and accelerated nature of the MSBA program here at McCombs School of Business.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

Three months into the program, I have never hustled harder. Every course we’ve done here so far is a perfect blend of programming skills backed with quantitative intuition, with an overarching focus on business knowledge. I am excited to see what the future holds for me post this program. After all, good things happen to those who hustle.