#TXMS Student Spotlight: Rutwick Bhawsar, MSITM 2020

Program:

Master of Science in Information Technology and Management

Undergraduate University and Major:

Maharashtra Institute of Technology, Pune – Information Technology

Graduating Class:

Class of 2020

About Rutwick:

My laptop is my bread and butter. I am deeply interested in all forms of data and the absolutely, indubitable power which lies within. I love all things tech. I am a staunch supporter of the Dallas Cowboys and FC Bayern Munich. I have a fervor for cars, my current favorite being the Koenigsegg Jesko. Drinking juice straight out of the carton and eating a disproportionate amount of sour candies are my guilty pleasures. Simply trying an activity isn’t enough. I have an innate desire to achieve a little more. In the hydrospheric realm, I currently am an Advanced Open Water Diver certified by PADI. In the lithospheric realm, I have completed an Off-Roading/Rally Driving course certified by Mahindra and Trapeze course at the Trapeze School New York (TSNY), Los Angeles. And finally, in the atmospheric realm, I am working towards my USPA skydiving A license, gliding and flying certifications.

Proudest accomplishment:

Academically I would have to say my Patent, published in the Indian Patent Journal in 2017. Sports wise I want to say my SCUBA diving certifications.

Why did you choose the MSITM Program?

I took a Business Intelligence and Data Mining course at the Marshall School of Business at USC. I loved everything about it. The class environment, the method of teaching, the ethos of the class. I truly wanted to get a better understanding of the business world but at the same time not stray too far from the Tech world. The MSITM program seemed like a perfect fit!

What are you most looking forward to this year?

Since the program started, I’ve been lucky to get to know about fifty percent of my classmates really well. I would love to get to know all of them. Everybody seems exceptional and unique. As the program continues, I plan to go out of my way to ensure I pick teammates and project partners with whom I’ve never worked before.

When it comes to the curriculum, I can’t wait for the Capstone project. Coming here directly after my Bachelor’s and Master’s, I would love to take my first step into the corporate world. Also, I truly look forward to the Cognitive Computing course. I’ve always been interested in this topic and I have heard nothing but good things about this course.

On a lighter note, I do look forward to long weekends and holidays. But with that being said, when those days do arrive, I feel as though something is missing and start wishing for class again.