Man leaning on hand smiling

As we get ready to kick off our Fall 40 Hours for the Forty Acres, we focus on some people who, not only have given to the campaign in the past, but who continue to do so every year. Meet Michael Martin, BBA ’83 and owner/president of MM Solar Advisory, here to tell us why he’s been a dedicated 40 for Forty donor over the years.

Q: Tell us a little about your company.

MM: It’s a firm that serves commercial property companies who want to deploy on-site clean energy like rooftop solar and batteries.

Q: What benefits have you received as a McCombs graduate?

MM: My McCombs degree has provided me with a large network of fellow Longhorns. It can be a door opener with those who might be prospective clients and/or partners.

Q: You’ve been contributing to the 40 Hours for the Forty Acres campaign for quite a while, since 2015. What motivates you to contribute and continue to do so?

MM: Our schools are terribly underfunded, so I do what I can to help my great school have more resources to do its vital work.

Q: This fall, people who give at least $25 will receive a limited-edition Dean Mills Longhorn sketch lapel pin. How do you feel something like that can motivate someone to contribute who might not have before?

MM: It is a great way to remind people of a supported cause, for sure.

Q: What do you say to encourage people to join the 40 for Forty campaign?

MM: I remind them that the university is underfunded, and this is an important opportunity to help and give back to our schools.

40 Hours for the Forty Acres starts September 28 and funds raised in that time will go to support schools and programs across the university. To learn more, or to donate to McCombs, click here