Student Spotlight: Cole Trevor-Wilson, #TXMS IT & Management

headshot of Cole Trevor-WilsonUndergraduate University: University of Texas at Austin

Undergraduate Major: Management Information Systems

About Cole: I am from San Antonio, Texas. I interned as a technology consultant for Protiviti, was a technology product intern for Camp Gladiator, and worked for the MS Programs Office as a technician-analyst. I am playing in my final season for the UT men’s soccer team this year. For fun, I like to explore restaurants around Austin, paddleboard, and play disc golf with friends.

Proudest Accomplishment: My proudest accomplishment was playing college soccer at UT Dallas before I transferred to UT Austin. My family sacrificed a lot of me to be able to travel and play across the US, so it was an accomplishment that was a long time in the making and I am glad I had the opportunity to experience it.

Why did you choose the MSITM program? I felt like there was more for me to learn after I completed my undergrad coursework, and the MSITM program at UT was the most logical option for me since I could apply as a Bridge student. I also wanted the opportunity to increase my value to companies as I came out of college.

What are you most looking forward to this year? I am looking forward to creating lasting relationships with my MSITM peers, learning more about emerging technologies, and gaining experience in a applying these technologies to real-world business applications. I am also looking forward to expanding my knowledge in cybersecurity.