#TXMS Student Spotlight: Fahad Raza MSF 2019

Program:

Master of Science Program in Finance

Student Name:

Fahad Raza

Graduating Class:

Class of 2019

Undergraduate Alma Mater:

UT Austin, Sociology and Economics

About Fahad:

I am originally from the Cypress/Katy area in the outskirts of Houston, Texas. Shortly after starting my academic career at the University of Texas, I opened Kababeque in Downtown Austin — a food truck that highlights the cuisine of the Mediterranean region with the flavors of South Asia. Since then, Kababeque has expanded into three locations throughout the Austin area and continues to become a staple in the city.

Proudest Accomplishment:

I will never forget watching Vince Young run through the end zone in the 2005 National Championship and realizing at that moment: I wanted to grow up and be a Texas Longhorn. This Spring, I earned a degree from UT Austin – my dream school. That feeling of walking the stage and becoming a part of the Texas Ex family is unparalleled.

Why did you choose the MSF Program?

After starting a business and watching it grow into something special, I quickly realized that I wanted to help others do the same while honing my own skills. With my applied experience, I want to consult other business owners and leaders in making critical decisions that guide their organizations through a positive trajectory. Going to a top-ranked business school like McCombs while staying in an amazing city like Austin to learn all the ins and outs of the financial world was a no-brainer.

What are you looking forward to most this year?

I am extremely excited to be part of a cohort that shares the same drive for success that I do. Being able to learn from all of the great MS Finance faculty members as well as learning from each other as a group is something that I’m really happy about. Just from taking the summer courses alone, I can tell that this program will be very challenging but extremely fulfilling.

More on Texas MS Student Spotlight:

Texas MS #StudentSpotlight is a recurring feature showcasing the talent, background, and aspirations of the McCombs Master of Science Program students! Learn more about the Texas Master of Science in Finance on our homepage.

Current Texas MS students interested in appearing in our student spotlight should contact their Program Coordinator regarding access to the Student Spotlight Survey.