stacyabramsWe had so much fun introducing our new student staff member two weeks ago, we thought we’d take the time to let students get to know some of the other MPA staff. This week…Special Projects Coordinator Stacy Abrams. Stacy joined the MPA Office in 2013 as the Administrative Assistant and moved to her current role in 2014. As Special Projects Coordinator, Stacy plans many events for the MPA Office, including Orientation and Commencement. She also serves as the internship coordinator and is a notary. Chances are, Stacy has helped you out with something! So let’s get to know her a little better…

• Tell us a little bit about you and your background. 
    I’ve lived in Austin, Houston, St. Paul, Chicago, Portland, Japan, and Singapore. I spent half of my childhood in Singapore and the other half in Austin. I consider myself from Austin and my family lives here as well. Prior to working in the MPA Program Office, I worked for other UT departments and taught English in Japan.
  • If you could meet any celebrity who would it be and why?
    Sebastian Stan, because he currently plays my favorite Marvel character (Bucky Barnes/the Winter Soldier).
  • Choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
    29—I’m really loving life right now!
  • If you could be an Olympic athlete what sport would you compete in?
    Swimming—I swam competitively through college and love the sport. Nowadays, I swim with the UT Masters swim team and still love to compete.
  • As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
    I wanted to be a writer and a “business person”. I admired my mother’s journalism pursuits and wanted to travel the world like my father.
  • Why are you excited to work with MPA students?
    MPA students are energetic, motivated, and just all-around nice. I love getting to put on these great events that add such value to their time here as students. I also love meeting MPA students from all different backgrounds.