Job Title: Part‐Time Bookkeeper
Reports to: Vice President of Finance
The Part-Time Bookkeeper will provide support to the existing staff, by handling day to day transactional tasks. The total hours will vary somewhat from week to week but will average between a total 15-20 hours per week, with the busier weeks occurring during the peak periods of the month and year.
- Processing mid-month automatic customer ACH/credit card payments
- Collect customer check payments, copy check stubs, and deposit checks using a check scanner to the company’s bank account
- Record customer payments in QuickBooks
- Handle routine, basic customer collections matters such as emailing out statements, sending courtesy emails and making courtesy phone calls
- Responding to customer inquiries on customer billing and customer payment matters
- Receipt and entry of vendor A/P invoices
- Route A/P invoices and ensure they are properly approved
- Mailing the occasional physical, manual A/P checks
- Maintain customer invoicing spreadsheet with customer invoicing for software and professional services charges
- Employee expense report imports, etc.
- Entry of non-AP/ other bank transactions
- Assisting accounting and finance staff with other duties as needed and requested
- High level of comfort with software and web-based technology tools
- QuickBooks experience is ideal and preferred, although not necessary if the candidate is comfortable with technology and willing/able to learn quickly
- Bill.com & Expensify experience would be considered a plus
- Familiarity with the basic concepts surrounding account receivable and accounts payable matters
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience is a big plus
Kimbia has great products, top-tier customers, and a fantastic team that maintains a fun startup culture. Kimbia enjoys a healthy combination of laid back camaraderie and intense collaboration. We encourage initiative, creativity, and innovation, and there is plenty of room to grow as we expand our team and our product solutions.
Additionally, our downtown location in Austin’s up and coming East 11th Street corridor with free employee parking and numerous restaurants within walking distance, offers an incredible location to bring your skills to each day.
If this sort of environment excites you, send your resume to email@example.com. Tell us what you find most engaging, and what differences you bring to the picture.