I am a speech therapist with Voices of the World Speech Therapy (and also a UT alum!). I specialize in foreign accent reduction training for non-native speakers of English. I wanted get in touch with you to see how I could help serve the students at UT.

As a former student and as a professional, I have seen firsthand how difficult it can be for students and professors who are not native speakers of English to communicate clearly and effectively, despite having excellent English language skills. While everyone speaks with some type of an accent, a strong accent can sometimes interfere with the speaker’s ability to convey his or her message easily. For professors, this can impact many facets of their jobs including their students’ satisfaction with the courses they teach. For students, it can impact their ability to secure employment upon graduation. I help non-native speakers learn to produce the sounds and sound patterns of American English so they can communicate clearly and easily, increasing their self-confidence and enhancing their image as a professional. I have found that while many people are interested in improving their pronunciation skills, most do not know where to find this type of training.

I would be happy to provide free over-the-phone consultations to anyone interested.  Please contact me for more information.

Sincerely,

Jane Rupp, M.A., CCC-SLP

Voices of the World Speech Therapy

www.voicesoftheworldspeechtherapy.com

(512) 431-7331″

Submitted by Anna Craft

*Please note that Voices of the World Speech Therapy does not represent the MPA Program Office, the McCombs School of Business, or The University of Texas at Austin.