New York, Atlanta and Austin in a Week….

by Riny Varghese
It has been hectic this week. The fall season is really busy with recruiting and school, and learning to maintain a balance between the two is critical to maintaining a level of sanity! For me, there is an additional factor–my 8-month-old son, Karthik. It is pretty challenging to find time to spend with him in the middle of all the other commitments I have. But I love my life! I feel so lucky to have these great opportunities and have a great support system (my family) to help me get through it all.

Okay, so what have I been up to?  Well, Karthik wakes up at 6-ish every day, and so my husband Suresh and I now find that we change our sleeping habits so that they go (kinda) with his. That means going to bed at about 11 PM and waking up at 5 AM-ish.  I usually do school work before I head to class.

Times Square
Times Square

So that was how my Monday morning began. Nothing out of the ordinary. After class was over at 3:30 PM, though, my week took a turn. I flew to New York for an interview on Tuesday. Got back Tuesday night. Woke up 4 AM on Wednesday morning (had some stuff to turn in), had classes till 3:30 PM. Then flew out again (to Atlanta) for another interview. I got back last night, and passed out on the couch.

Boy, I am glad it’s the weekend. I am definitely going to spend the day with my family. And dinner is going to be a great homecooked meal–my husband really deserves it!