Student Spotlight: Leo Liu, MS Marketing

Photo of Leo Liu, MS Marketing Class of 2021Program: MS Marketing

Undergraduate University and Major: UT Austin ’20, Radio-Television-Film, Economics, & Mathematics

About Leo: I’m a creative, passionate, and motivated film enthusiast, combined with a data aficionado. I’m currently mixing up my passion for creative production with my love of data analytics, and applying them to practice. In my free time, you can find me at the movies, running, hiking, or traveling.

Proudest Accomplishment: I’d love to talk about this in numbers! 1, 2, & 3 are magic numbers for me. I’ve earned 3 Bachelor’s degrees and 2 certificates at 1 university with 2 internships in 3 years! UT’s been really teaching me how to push myself out of my comfort zone and to be a master of time management.

Why did you choose the MSM program? MSM is a perfect fusion of developing creative skills and quantitative reasoning abilities. Here I can find brilliant peers and world class professors to enrich my perspectives. It also offers an unmatched opportunity to build a solid foundation for my future career plans.

What are you most looking forward to this year? The first semester was incredible! I’ve enjoyed new friendships with my amazing peers and the wonderful learning experience provided by MSM faculty. A special shout-out to MS staff who did a fantastic job during this special time. They’ve always been there for me! As for the spring, I’m excited about the capstone project the most, and can’t wait to see what I can accomplish together with my teammates!