#TXMS Student Spotlight: Amulya Saridey, MS IT & Management

Amulya Saridey

Program: Master of Science in IT & Management
Undergraduate University and Major: University of Texas at Dallas, Information Technology and Systems
Graduating Class: Class of 2021

About Amulya:
I describe myself as a curious individual who genuinely loves to learn and strives to be inspired. I find myself often standing at the cross roads of innovation and tradition as I tackle any problem- personal or professional. I’m a huge people’s person and look forward to every opportunity where I can learn from other’s experiences and stories. I really take pride in being someone who everyone can talk to and feel included around without hesitation! Apart from this, I’m the happiest when I spend time with my family. In my free time, you can catch me painting, reading, or cooking Mediterranean food!
Proudest accomplishment:
One of my proudest accomplishments was getting published in the local city newspaper when I was only 6-years old. Having just moved from India, I was a little kid who barely knew how to write well, forget writing essays or articles. So, for my first writing prompt, I decided to write an article about how Mahatma Gandhi was a hero to me because of his resilience. Somehow- my article ended up being chosen among all the local elementary schools and was published because of how touched they were by my perspective. Being barely 6-years old, I remember how over the moon I was yet extremely shocked at how this happened! It was a very pivotal moment in my life. This little innocent incident sparked a love for writing and public speaking much earlier than I would’ve have discovered otherwise. Even to this day, whenever I find myself stumped for motivation- I remind myself how if my 6-year old self could do that, then I can definitely excel at the task at hand!
Why did you choose the MSITM Program?
I chose the MSITM program because I loved how innovative and intuitive it was. I am constantly drawn to technology because of how impactful it is in solving a variety of problems. In addition, it is so effective in providing a platform for empowerment because of the vast reach and connectivity it has in everyone’s lives. So- innately I always knew I wanted to pursue a graduate degree that taught me how to problem solve with purpose using technology while also allowing me to specialize and I think MSITM does exactly that! It was my first choice from day one. Then I met with Dr. Conley and instantly knew this would be the right fit for me! I am so glad I get the opportunity to take part in it along with the wonderful people I’ve met so far!
What are you most looking forward to this year?
I am really looking forward to soaking up all the knowledge I can from my time here. I really feel like the MSITM program equips all of us with unparalleled skills to problem-solve and innovate so I really hope I can bring that to the forefront within my professional setting when I get a job. I am in awe of how kind and knowledgeable everyone here is. And lastly, I look forward to making a difference in any way I can. I really hope my time here can inspire others to be their best self- just like how MSITM alumni have inspired me to!