#TXMS Student Spotlight: Gabrielle Fultz, MS Marketing

Program:

Master of Science in Marketing

Undergraduate University and Major: UT Austin – Advertising

Graduating Class: Class of 2020

About Gabrielle: I’ve been playing volleyball competitively for almost a decade! When I’m not sleeping or playing my favorite sport, you can probably find me at the movies, shopping, or doing outdoor activities. An interesting and…embarrassing…fact about me is that I’m on level 3148 of Candy Crush – hey, it’s a great way to pass the time!

Proudest accomplishment:

My proudest accomplishment so far is my advertising capstone project. I was selected as a team leader and led my team to win the pitch for a real startup business. We each won an iPad for our hard work!

Why did you choose the MSM Program?

Advertising is just a small piece (promotion) of marketing and I wanted to learn about the other aspects – shoutout to the other three of the 4 P’s. In undergrad, I focused largely on thinking creatively with regard to qualitative components of campaigns. Because of my desire to be a proficient marketer and my love for critical thinking and data, I applied to the MSM program to uncover the quantitative side of marketing.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

I’m most looking forward to learning how to write code and use programs like R and SQL to analyze data. I’m also excited about the capstone project in the spring because my last capstone experience was so fantastic!