#TXMS Student Spotlight: Pankaj Kishore MSITM 2019

Program:

Master of Science Program in IT & Management

Student Name:

Pankaj Kishore

Graduating Class:

Class of 2019

Undergraduate Alma Mater:

Jaipur Engineering College & Research Centre, Mechanical Engineering

About Pankaj:

I was born and raised in New Delhi, India. I completed my undergraduate in 2011 and moved to gain professional experience in Data Science and Product Lifecycle Management in Tata technologies. I worked almost for 7 seven years in different companies honing my skills in C#, VB.NET, C++, SQL and Oracle over the years I worked in. I love playing and watching numerous sports such as Cricket, Soccer, Table Tennis, Tennis, Badminton, Foosball, Chess and Board Games.

Proudest Accomplishment:

I think my proudest accomplishment is receiving the employee of the year award 5 years in a row at the company I worked for and also for receiving the Gold Medal in Mechanical Engineering from my University.

Why did you choose the MSITM Program?

I applied to MS Program to hone my programming and Management skills. After spending 7 years in the IT industry, I was looking for a degree which will help me grow my skills to help me prepare for future roles. The MSITM curriculum was also best suited to what I was looking for in a graduate program.

What were the first 3 weeks of the program like?

It was an intense couple of weeks with a lot of information being shared with us in a very short period of time. We were all doing our best to manage this intense schedule, but what we learned in class is what motivated me to continue to work hard and push through.

What are you looking forward to most this year?

I am really looking forward to garnering as much knowledge as possible over the next 10 months so I can use it to help me be successful in future roles.

More on Texas MS Student Spotlight:

Texas MS #StudentSpotlight is a recurring feature showcasing the talent, background, and aspirations of the McCombs Master of Science Program students! Learn more about the Texas Master of Science in IT & Management on our homepage.

Current Texas MS students interested in appearing in our student spotlight should contact their Program Coordinator regarding access to the Student Spotlight Survey.