#TXMS Student Spotlight: Hope Knopf MSBA 2019

Program:

Master of Science Bridge Program in Business Analytics

Student Name:

Hope Knopf

Graduating Class:

Class of 2019

Undergraduate Alma Mater:

University of Missouri, Mathematics

About Hope:

I grew up in the St. Louis, Missouri area (Go Cards!) and went to the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri. I’ve always loved math and statistics and I want to work in tech, which is why I’m in the MSBA program at UT! I worked at Boeing in St. Louis as a pricing analyst intern last summer and loved it. I like to run, do yoga, watch movies, and anything involving dogs.

Proudest Accomplishment:

My proudest accomplishment is my academic performance in undergrad. I worked really hard in a very difficult major, while balancing a job and numerous extracurricular involvements. I’m very proud of all that work and perseverance.

Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

I wanted to further develop my technical skills, but also have the skills to communicate and translate analytics to businesses. The MSBA had the perfect balance of both and I knew McCombs offered a lot of professional opportunities. Plus, I thought Austin would be a great place to live.

What are you looking forward to most this year?

I’m most looking forward to the Capstone project in the spring. I think it will be really cool to work with an actual company and get to apply all the things we’re learning to a real dataset and business problem. I’m also excited to spend time with my classmates, so far it’s been great working with them and getting to know them.

More on Texas MS Student Spotlight:

Texas MS #StudentSpotlight is a recurring feature showcasing the talent, background, and aspirations of the McCombs Master of Science Program students! Learn more about the Texas Master of Science in Business Analytics on our homepage.

Current Texas MS students interested in appearing in our student spotlight should contact their Program Coordinator regarding access to the Student Spotlight Survey.