Texas MS #StudentSpotlight: Suyi Tu, MSBA 2018

Program:

Master of Science in Business Analytics

Student Name:

Suyi Tu

Graduating Class:

Class of 2018

Undergraduate Alma Mater:

Zhejiang University, Information and Computing Science (Mathematics)

About Suyi:

I majored in mathematics in undergrad and have a solid foundation in modeling, programming and logical thinking. I’m fascinated by the amount of information conveyed in data and am convinced that I would love to work with data in the future.

Proudest Accomplishment:

I am a certified National Chess Master. I started playing chess at a very young age and have been playing it for over 15 years now. Chess has taught me not only to be persistent and considerate, but also to be creative. I use this creativity to apply lateral thinking in my everyday life.

Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

I think the slogan for this program says it all: “To become a data driven story teller”. It embodied exactly what I sought to become and what kind of job I wanted coming out of school.

What are you most looking forward to in your program?

I am really looking forward to starting work in a field that I am interested in. I am ready to apply the knowledge that I’ve learned from this program to solve real-world business problems and deliver value to my organization. And through all of this, I am also excited to learn and grow even more!

More on Texas MS Student Spotlight:

Texas MS #StudentSpotlight is a new feature showcasing the talent, background, and aspirations of the McCombs Master of Science Program students! Learn more about the Texas Master of Science in Business Analytics on our homepage.

Current Texas MS students interested in appearing in our student spotlight should contact their Program Coordinator regarding access to the Student Spotlight Survey.