Texas MS #StudentSpotlight: Siddhant Shah, MSBA 2018

Program:

Master of Science in Business Analytics

Student Name:

Siddhant Shah

Graduating Class:

Class of 2018

Undergraduate Alma Mater:

MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Mechanical Engineering

About Siddhant:

Hailing from the Silicon Valley of India – Bangalore, extensive experience in the field of analytics working with top Fortune 500 clients from industries such as retail, financial services and health insurance. Given enough money to sustain for a lifetime, I’d spend it all on backpacking across the globe, meeting new people and learning about their culture, and also playing football (soccer) in different parts of the world. HUGE MANCHESTER UNITED FAN!

Proudest Accomplishment:

My biggest achievement was being able to successfully build a prototype of a cost-effective medical device to help correct limb deformities among orthopedic patients, which could potentially make the procedure more accessible to financially distressed patients. This novel idea was built in collaboration with a reputed orthopedic surgeon himself, who was highly appreciative of our efforts. The project was also a trigger to me realizing my true analytical capabilities and love for creating out-of-the-box solutions using quantitative methods, driving me towards building a career in Data Science.

Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

In the constantly evolving space of Data Science and Analytics, the learning curve is extremely steep! I truly believe, on the job learning is never good enough to take your career to the next level. Therefore, even with 4 years of relevant work experience, I decided to pursue the McCombs MSBA program, being taught by distinguished industry experts, with a comprehensive curriculum designed to serve needs of students like myself.

What are you most looking forward to in your program?

As we draw closer towards the end of an important semester of the program, I look forward to finishing it with a strong academic performance and apply my learnings from class to the capstone project next semester. Coursework aside, we have our fair share of fun too and I have a West Coast vacation planned with a few friends for winter break, involving a road trip along the beautiful pacific coast highway one.

More on Texas MS Student Spotlight:

Texas MS #StudentSpotlight is a new feature showcasing the talent, background, and aspirations of the McCombs Master of Science Program students! Learn more about the Texas Master of Science in Business Analytics on our homepage.

Current Texas MS students interested in appearing in our student spotlight should contact their Program Coordinator regarding access to the Student Spotlight Survey.