Texas MS #StudentSpotlight: Chloe Kwon, MSBA 2018

Program:

Master of Science inĀ Business Analytics

Student Name:

Chloe Kwon

Graduating Class:

Class of 2018

Undergraduate Alma Mater:

Rice University, Economics

About Chloe:

I started my career as a market research analyst 4 years ago at a software development company where I developed interest in extracting, visualizing, and developing patterns and trends from the data. As a business analyst, I had opportunities to utilize the skills I learned and combine it with industry knowledge to manage development projects, analyze client’s business requirements, and analyze sales operations and performances by communicating with management through easy-to-understand visualizations. I love meeting and getting to know people and I’m excited to explore Austin (hiking, rock climbing, live music, food) once we graduate!

Proudest Accomplishment:

I made a decision to move from South Korea to US by myself when I was 12 and I am proud and grateful for the opportunity to be independent and accountable for every decision in my life, including the decision to pursue master’s degree at the McCombs School of Business. Also, I’m very proud of having found great people around me that are supportive and compassionate with lots to learn from.

Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

I realized I needed to work on building solid technical skills to be able to grow my career and find companies that will provide meaningful and impactful projects that I enjoy. McCombs School of Business has enabled me to learn from the best professors in a supportive environment from predictive modeling and database management to how to communicate models and analysis to different audiences.

What are you most looking forward to in your program?

Deep Learning conference in San Francisco to meet interesting people including those from startup community and learn about the latest and greatest deep learning models and how we can apply models to business problems of companies like Google, Facebook, Netflix. I’m also looking forward to learn more about data science and having hands-on experiences within enterprise environment through capstone project with Indeed.

More on Texas MS Student Spotlight:

Texas MS #StudentSpotlight is a new feature showcasing the talent, background, and aspirations of the McCombs Master of Science Program students! Learn more about theĀ Texas Master of Science in Business Analytics on our homepage.

Current Texas MS students interested in appearing in our student spotlight should contact their Program Coordinator regarding access to the Student Spotlight Survey.