Texas MS #StudentSpotlight: Yannick Heard, MSBA 2018

Program:

Master of Science in Business Analytics & Student Executive Committee Member

Student Name:

Yannick Heard

Graduating Class:

Class of 2018

Undergraduate Alma Mater:

University of Texas, Chemistry

About Yannick:

I am originally English but have now lived in the US for 12 years, 5 1/2 in Michigan and the rest in Austin, TX. I went to UT for undergrad in chemistry and during my time I was able to have the opportunity to study abroad in Australia for 6 months.
I love to be outdoors and to be active in any different form, particularly running, soccer and wakeboarding.

Proudest Accomplishment:

During my freshman year, I ran a marathon and I am really proud that I was able to complete this huge distance, at a time that was below my goal time. I am also very proud of the way that I was able to commit myself to a long term training plan and wake up incredibly early in order to fit in the miles.

Why did you choose the MSBA Program?

Coming through undergraduate with chemistry I came to the conclusion that neither med-school or long-term research (the two main chemistry options) held interest for me. As I was also working on the business certificate at UT I wanted to find a way to combine my analytical and problem-solving skills from chemistry with the business side.

What are you most looking forward to in your program?

Learning technical skills that can allow me to utilize the best available techniques to develop new insights and changes to my future roles. As well as to develop an incredible network with my cohort, and to try and learn as much from them as I do from the classes.

More on Texas MS Student Spotlight:

Texas MS #StudentSpotlight is a new feature showcasing the talent, background, and aspirations of the McCombs Master of Science Program students! Learn more about the Texas Master of Science in Business Analytics on our homepage.

Current Texas MS students interested in appearing in our student spotlight should contact their Program Coordinator regarding access to the Student Spotlight Survey.