Student Spotlight: Ayomide Akosile

Ayomide Akosile Headshot

Ayomide Akosile

Topics of Interest: Product Management, Entrepreneurship, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE)

From working at Google to BCG to Salesforce, Ayomide Akosile has demonstrated continued success in all of his endeavors so far as part of the Canfield Business Honors Program. Ayomide is currently a junior who is majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering, and he transferred into Canfield BHP last year as a sophomore. “I’ve gained many mentor figures in the CBHP community who I would not be at this point in my career without,” said Ayomide when asked about his favorite part of Canfield BHP. 

Read on to learn more about Ayomide’s interests and some of his plans for the summer!

Where have you interned before and what are your plans for this summer?

During my freshman summer, I interned at Google as a STEP Intern. This past summer, I interned at Boston Consulting Group (BCG) as a Summer Associate through their Growing Future Leaders Program. This upcoming summer, I will be joining Salesforce as an Associate Product Manager Intern in San Francisco.

What are you passionate about and how has this translated to your involvement at UT?

What really motivates me is my respective passion for the intersection between business and technology, and my passion for DEI pertaining to people of color. My interest in technology truly started from CS/robotics activities I took part in in high school. It developed further when I came to UT and saw how I could explore both business and tech in spaces such as product through the Texas Product Engineering Organization (TPEO), and the social impact space through the Social Entrepreneurship Learning Lab (SELL). Nevertheless, I’ve seen diversity gaps in these spaces I’ve been able to break into among people of color, so that pushed my increased involvement in NSBE. Last year, I served as UT NSBE’s Professional Development Chair to provide our members with career opportunities and individualized support. I currently serve on NSBE’s Region 5 Executive Board as the Fall Regional Conference Chair, the director and producer of our region’s largest in-person event for hundreds of members across 10 states.

How has Canfield BHP helped you in your professional career?

I’ve been in CBHP since my sophomore year since I came in as a sophomore transfer, and CBHP helped me break into professional spaces I’ve mentioned such as consulting and product management. Classes such as BA 324H taught by Professor Pryor, and MAN 327H taught by Professor Shen taught me about how important it is to find advocates in the professional spaces you’re looking to break into, but you need to be your biggest advocate first in order to gain such opportunities. 

What is the best part about Canfield BHP?

On that same note, the best part of the CBHP program by far is the community. I’ve gained many mentor figures in the CBHP community who I would not be at this point in my career without, and I only hope to have the same impact on others as a mentor figure in the future.