Student Spotlight: Dara Rubio, #TXMS Marketing

photo of Dara RubioUndergraduate University: Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey

Undergraduate Major: Industrial Design

About Dara: I am an industrial designer from Mexico, with experience working on marketing, UX/UI design, brand and product development and graphic design areas. I am passionate about creating solutions, jewelry design, dance, sharing significant moments with the ones I love and work for causes with social impact. Also, being with my gorgeous Blue Heeler dog and being involved in outdoor activities are things that I really enjoy to do.

Proudest Accomplishment: My proudest accomplishment is being where I am now. A woman whom through her personal and professional perspectives has learned that one of the most important things in life is to keep moving forward and learning from experiences no matter what. Nevertheless, there are a few things that I would never change in my life such as my participation in different social projects since I was young and my accomplishments within my dancing career.

Why did you choose the MSM program? Being a UT Austin MSM student is one of the most significant steps I have made in my professional career. From the beginning of my path towards my acceptance in the University of Texas at Austin I knew that the MSM program would help me build my professional career towards working within an NGO, Non Profit Organization, or Social Project within a business company. I was convinced that along with the creative background I would also be developing a skillset based on best practices supported by analytical work-frame within the Marketing field.

What have you enjoyed during your time in the program? Being an MSM program graduate student at the University of Texas at Austin and during a global pandemic is not easy; as students, we must be mentalized that is an intensive program but also that we have a handful of learning tools, mentors, and connection opportunities to make everything smoother. To mention only one thing that I have enjoyed during my tenure in this program is hard because there are too many.

I still have the privilege of being part of a unique and talented group of people, professors and coaches that are willing to share their expertise, and through teamwork that helps achieving individual and collective goals. Personally, I have been guided and supported by our MSM program Coordinator Andrea Gonzalez, our MS Career Coach Gina Chen, professors such as Karen Starns, Shannon Provost, Chris Kroeger, Sandy Leeds, and all the professors who have been there available to mentor me.
I am surrounded by wonderful students who have become friends. We are working in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams, that make us learn from each other, we are building good moments together, but also good memories.
Finally, but not less important, I am also privileged of witnessing how this program helps us understand a whole new perspective of what marketing is, a whole area across quantitative, qualitative, and human aspects.

One thought on “Student Spotlight: Dara Rubio, #TXMS Marketing

1. Eres una niña maravillosa!! Tu corazón, tus sentimientos y tu sonrisa son testigos de ello.