#TXMS Student Spotlight: Patricio Janson, MSF

Patricio Janson

Program: Master of Science in Finance
Undergraduate University and Major: BS in Management Engineering from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, December 2016
Graduating Class: Class of 2021

About Patricio:
My most recent full-time position consisted of providing advisory and valuation services from an Analyst role in a boutique Investment Bank in Panama, my home country. The boutique environment catalyzed my exposure to higher-level responsibilities and transactions and developed my work ethic and reliability at an early professional career. An interesting fact about me is that I am an authorized public translator, and I use my communication skills to facilitate business relationships between English and Spanish speaking counterparts.
Proudest accomplishment:
Participating in a successful debt restructuring transaction during the COVID-19 pandemic because my efforts helped to save the jobs of many low-income families in Panama. It is important to understand how fortunate we are to move forward with our careers during these difficult times while many others experience periods of economic distress.  
Why did you choose the MSF Program?
I was seeking for an MS degree in Finance to validate and solidify the financial knowledge I had acquired through experience. With the MSF program, I found more than validation. I found a comprehensive curriculum with the potential to expand my knowledge in other areas of Finance and the upside of joining a STEM-designated program. After one campus visit to the forty acres and a meeting with the MSF staff, I knew I had found the right place to continue with my higher education.   
What are you most looking forward to this year?
I am looking forward to the MSF Practicum because it has always been a career goal to learn from industry leaders such as the prime companies that are partnered with our program. 
Posted in MSF

One thought on “#TXMS Student Spotlight: Patricio Janson, MSF

1. Prior to his work in a boutique investment bank, Patricio was an analyst at the Ministry of Economy and Finance in Panama addressing money laundering issues. As his inmediate boss, I came to value his good judgement, work ethic and excelente interpersonal skills. When asked, I gladly wrote his letter of recomendation to McCoomb’s MSF program. He will prove an as asset to your program, his community and any future venture he undertakes. Raul Gasteazoro, Stanford BA ’70, MA ’71, U of Minn. JD ’83