#TXMS Student Spotlight: Daniel Martin, MSF Bridge 2021

Program:

Master of Science in Finance

Undergraduate University and Major: University of Texas – College of Liberal Arts – Economics

Graduating Class: Class of 2020

About Daniel: I grew up in a Deep East Texas town called Longview, it has about 80,000 people and is about 2.5 hours east of Dallas along I-20. My biggest past times and hobbies are hunting, flying, fishing, competitive shotgun shooting, and camping. This upcoming academic year I will serve as President for The University of Texas shooting team and complete my Undergraduate degree in Economics.

Proudest accomplishment:

My proudest accomplishment to date is probably receiving my pilot’s license. I am now the 4th generation of pilots in my family’s line. I grew up flying with my dad and grandfather and still fly with them to date. I fly an A-36 with my dad and an Ercoupe with my grandfather. This has been a really neat accomplishment that has allowed me to bond with them in a unique way.

Why did you choose the MSF Program?

I enjoyed learning about Economics and how the markets interacted but ever since I was young I had always enjoyed discussing finance with my father. I decided that I wanted to compliment my abstract knowledge of economics with a concrete knowledge in finance in order to be a more versatile candidate for jobs. I am interested in portfolio management and fund analyst roles and think that my 2 degrees would compliment each other well for these roles.

What are you most looking forward to this year?

I am looking forward to the recruitment process to obtain an internship for the coming summer as well as seeing where my friends that are in the traditional route end up and to see how much they learn in the coming year.