INTERN – STAFF ACCOUNTANT
Offers.com has an immediate opening for a detail oriented Accounting Intern. In this role you’ll work with and learn from our amazing Offers.com Accounting team. You’ll have the opportunity to gain some real world accounting experience and practice skills in identifying discrepancies, ensuring timely reporting, and effectively prioritizing tasks.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Input monthly invoices into QuickBooks
- Assist with credit card and bank reconciliations
- Obtain required approval for invoices and assist in weekly check runs
- Prepare 1099 documentation
- Assist accounting team with special projects
- Ad hoc duties such as research and filing
WHY WE WANT YOU We strive to hire the best and brightest Interns! We are looking for individuals with an enthusiasm for Accounting that can quickly ramp up. The ideal Intern candidate is:
- Good with Numbers: You’re interested in identifying issues that affect the company’s gross profit. Bonus points if you are a whiz at Excel and have experience in QuickBooks.
- Left Brained: You have amazing attention to detail. You have patience and perseverance for pursuing a problem until it has been resolved.
- Independent Thinker: You are interested in learning the “how” and “why” of Accounting principles. You have a passion for improving processes and seeing the results of your work.
- Preferred Majors: You’re currently pursuing an Undergraduate or Masters in Accounting
- Hours: You should be able to work 20-30 hours per week.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- This is a paid internship
- Catered lunch every Wednesday
- Fully stocked kitchen
ABOUT VERTIVE AND OFFERS.COM
Offers.com is the face of the parent company Vertive, LLC. Offers.com saves consumers time and money by helping them find the best coupons, deals, and offers from more than 5,000 online stores and brands. Offers.com has over 200 categories including travel, software, clothing, and more. The site has over 50,000 of the best offers, including promotions, coupons and coupon codes, deals, free trials, and free offers. Offers are verified, rated, and updated daily by the Offers.com Deals Team. The company, based in Austin Texas, has been profitable since its inception.
Please send resumes to Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by Ashley Wallace
The career fair is a great way to get started on your job or internship search.
Date: October 16, 2013
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: North End Zone-The Club of DKR Stadium (enter at Gates 14 & 16).
You can join the Facebook event here and see a full list of employers on CareerSource.
Please contact Julia Dow at email@example.com or (512) 471-9421 with any questions.
If you have a quick resume, OCR, or cover letter question; visit our Peer Career Consultants during walk-in hours!
Monday: 9:30 - 11:00 a.m., Noon – 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 11:00 a.m. – Noon
Wednesday: 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Thursday: 11:00 a.m. – Noon
Friday: 9:30 – 11:20 a.m.
This Accounts Payable, Receivable and Administrative Support position has been created due to the growth of McKinley Roth DiMarco. Candidates should be available 15-20 hours per week. Our company is located in the Oak Hill area and is small, casual and offers a flexible environment. Our ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting role
- Reconciliation of all accounts
- Accounts Payable and Receivable experience
- Great knowledge of Excel and Word
- Awesome “Can-do” and “Will-do” attitude
- Ability to work independently without supervision
- Outstanding communication skills
- Phenomenal organizational skills
- Able to work in faced paced, sometimes stressful small business environment
- Knowledge of insurance accounting and reconciliation a HUGE bonus
Interested parties should e-mail their resume and salary requirements to Amy Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is tied to experience/qualifications.
The MPA Program Office is pleased to announce that Dawn Shaw has joined the Career Services Team as a Career Consultant.
Prior to McCombs, Dawn worked as Career Coach with the University of Texas at Austin in the College of Natural Sciences, a Learning Designer in industry, and coached private clients in her own business. She has worked at the C.T. Bauer College of Business at the University of Houston coaching and advising business students, integrating student-oriented technologies and helped to develop leadership initiatives in the college. Dawn holds a Master of Science degree in Human Resource Development and a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology. She is certified in Strengths Performance Leader through the Gallup Organization.
We asked Dawn a few questions to help us get to know her. Let’s see what we have in common…
How would you describe your career path that led you to McCombs?
- Following interests and abilities. My first on campus job was in advising. In those days (which really wasn’t that long ago, I promise!) there was a sign on the door that said “peer advising positions available”. I walked in, talked to the hiring manager and started helping students navigate student life. It was very rewarding. From there, I tried my best, pursued my interests and continued to look for opportunity to develop skills. Curiosity can be a powerful tool.
What excites you most about working in the MPA Program Office?
- I am really looking forward to working with the students. I believe that McCombs attracts the very best and I can’t wait to know them more and help develop skills that will lead to a great opportunity.
What hobbies/interests do you have?
- Well, let’s see. I like to keep up with current events, watch Ted Talks videos, and read. I love going to the pool with my 3 little girls!
Do you have any pets (names, ages, etc.)?
- It’s very sad really. Our rescue kitty, Mila, was the most loyal cat in the world. Which is weird because cats usually are…hmmm…moody. She would greet the family and take walks with us. And then one day she didn’t return home. We believe she is frolicking with her other kitty friends somewhere very fun.
If you weren’t at work right now, what would you be doing?
- Playing with my kids and, if I found some time, taking a nap.
Name one of your heroes:
- Rosa Parks is one of them. I like her because she demonstrates how change can happen through quiet personal power.
If you won the lottery, what would you buy first?
- Mosquito nets for Africa. And then, shoes!
Posted by Alesi Gerthe
Job Title: Part‐Time Bookkeeper
Reports to: Vice President of Finance
The Part-Time Bookkeeper will provide support to the existing staff, by handling day to day transactional tasks. The total hours will vary somewhat from week to week but will average between a total 15-20 hours per week, with the busier weeks occurring during the peak periods of the month and year.
- Processing mid-month automatic customer ACH/credit card payments
- Collect customer check payments, copy check stubs, and deposit checks using a check scanner to the company’s bank account
- Record customer payments in QuickBooks
- Handle routine, basic customer collections matters such as emailing out statements, sending courtesy emails and making courtesy phone calls
- Responding to customer inquiries on customer billing and customer payment matters
- Receipt and entry of vendor A/P invoices
- Route A/P invoices and ensure they are properly approved
- Mailing the occasional physical, manual A/P checks
- Maintain customer invoicing spreadsheet with customer invoicing for software and professional services charges
- Employee expense report imports, etc.
- Entry of non-AP/ other bank transactions
- Assisting accounting and finance staff with other duties as needed and requested
- High level of comfort with software and web-based technology tools
- QuickBooks experience is ideal and preferred, although not necessary if the candidate is comfortable with technology and willing/able to learn quickly
- Bill.com & Expensify experience would be considered a plus
- Familiarity with the basic concepts surrounding account receivable and accounts payable matters
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience is a big plus
Kimbia has great products, top-tier customers, and a fantastic team that maintains a fun startup culture. Kimbia enjoys a healthy combination of laid back camaraderie and intense collaboration. We encourage initiative, creativity, and innovation, and there is plenty of room to grow as we expand our team and our product solutions.
Additionally, our downtown location in Austin’s up and coming East 11th Street corridor with free employee parking and numerous restaurants within walking distance, offers an incredible location to bring your skills to each day.
If this sort of environment excites you, send your resume to email@example.com. Tell us what you find most engaging, and what differences you bring to the picture.
Posted by Becky Pickert
The Herb Kelleher Center for Entrepreneurship and the AT&T Executive Education and Conference Center invite you to a new and exciting speaker series, Herb Kelleher Entrepreneur-in-Residence, moderated by Laura Kilcrease. Each lecture is free and open to the public. The event will include a meet and greet as well as a reception. Space is limited, so mark your calendar for these three informative October programs:
Entrepreneurship Live with Ian Hatton, Chairman & CEO of Barynovx, Global Entrepreneur.
When: Tuesday, October 2nd
Where: AT&T Conference Center, Room #201
Time: 5:30-8:00 p.m. Meet and Greet, Program and Reception
Posted by Alesi Gerthe
All UT students are invited to attend!
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Time: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Texas Union Ballroom
Co-Hosted by: Liberal Arts Career Services & Liberal Arts Council
Attire: Business Professional to Business Casual
Employers: Meet recruiters from a variety of companies and organizations, including Council on Foreign Relations, National Security Agency, Indeed.com, Gerson Lehrman Group and more! Search the full list of Attending Employers.
Take advantage of this opportunity to launch your career or find an internship. Come professionally dressed and bring several copies of your resume. Read more about the career fair, which organizations are scheduled to attend, and how you can plan your visit to the fair at the Liberal Arts Career Services Career Fair page.
Questions: Please contact Kaitlyn Flynn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-471-7900.
Submitted by Madeline Chauvin
Suicide Prevention Week
Suicide is considered to be the second leading cause of death for college students. That’s why the Counseling and Mental Health Center is organizing UT’s annual Suicide Prevention Week (September 24-28). This week is focused on raising awareness about suicide and engaging students, faculty and staff in suicide prevention. All are urged to “Be That One” to recognize when their student or friend is thinking about suicide and connect them with the help they need. Throughout the week, 23 campus departments and organizations, are sponsoring seven interactive programs as a call to action to prevent suicide within our campus community. For a full schedule of the week’s events and a complete list of counseling and mental health resources available to students, visit cmhc.utexas.edu
Free t-shirts and food at all events (while they last!). All events are free and open to the public.
Follow Suicide Prevention Week on Twitter: @UT_CMHC #UTSPW
Facebook invitation event: https://www.facebook.com/events/239432242845532
If you need assistance or accommodation for this event, please contact Marian Trattner, Suicide Prevention Coordinator by email at email@example.com or phone (512)475-6962.
Posted by Alesi Gerthe
Sometimes after you insert a slide number in PowerPoint, it still does not appear. Learn some of the most common causes and how to fix them:
Posted by Alesi Gerthe