BA 101 Career Services Teaching Assistant Opportunity
BA 101 Teaching Assistants for Spring 2019
BBA Career Services is seeking Teaching Assistants (TAs) for the Spring 2019 semester!
You must be able to TA and attend one section of the BA 101 course.
Position Begins in January 2019
Please apply as soon as possible. Applicants are being reviewed on a rolling basis.
- TAs will receive a tuition reduction benefit (TRB) of approximately $1892 per semester (payment is made in a lump-sum, is paid separately from the regular appointment, and is subject to applicable tax withholding).
- In addition to the TRB, TAs will receive a monthly stipend of approximately $498 a month during the semester appointment.
To be eligible for a Teaching Assistant appointment a candidate must:
- Must be degree-seeking MPA candidate without existing admissions conditions imposed by the Vice Provost and Dean of Graduate Studies.
- Must be graduating May 2019. Must be in good academic standing (maintain at least a 3.0 graduate GPA) and making satisfactory progress toward MPA degree.
- Must remain registered as full-time student in courses that count toward the graduate degree for at least 9 semester hours during the Spring 2019 OR be enrolled in your final 6 hours and be testing for the CPA Exam.
- Must be available to serve as a BA 101 TA for the Spring 2019 semester.
- Must understand, uphold and model the McCombs Career Services Code of Ethics.
Why you should apply:
- You’re detail oriented, organized, and consistently punctual.
- You’re motivated, community-minded, and job search savvy.
- You want to gain great hands-on experience coaching and mentoring others for your future career.
BA 101 Teaching Assistant responsibilities:
- TAs will be appointed for 10 hours per week
- TAs will be assigned to one section of BA 101. They will be expected to attend that section of class each week.
- TAs will manage the grading/attendance tracking duties for the class section.
- TAs will be asked to demonstrate examples of professional behavior in the job search process during class including answering interview questions, giving their “30 second introduction,” etc.
- TAs will answer general career questions and act as a resource for BA 101 students during class and during TA office hours.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to BBACareerServices@mccombs.utexas.edu.
Please apply as soon as possible. Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis.