Graduating MPA Students: Speak at Commencement
The MPA Program Office is looking for two students to speak at MPA Spring 2018 Commencement on May 19, 2018. We will review student speaker nominations, and nominees will be notified of our decision (whether or not they were selected) approximately a week later. We typically select one iMPA speaker and one tMPA speaker. Each speaker is allotted ten minutes, with 20 minutes allotted for student speeches in total.
If you would like to be one of two MPA student speakers at the MPA Commencement ceremony or would like to nominate a peer, please provide the following information to MPAEvents@mccombs.utexas.edu by Friday, April 20.
Self-Nomination (required for all nominees):
- Why do you feel you would make a good Commencement speaker? What are your qualifications?
- Please provide a short summary of the main topic(s) of your speech.
- Provide a short video** (2 minutes or less) of yourself delivering either the introductory or concluding remarks of your speech.
**We are looking for simple cell phone videos, so please do not feel like you need video editing skills to produce this. The MPA Commencement speaker selection committee will use these videos in evaluating the nominees.**
Nominate a Peer (optional):
Before nominating a peer, please check to make sure that he or she plans to attend Commencement and is agreeable to being nominated.
- Who would you like to nominate?
- Why do you feel this person would make a good Commencement speaker? What are their qualifications?
Feel free to email us at MPAEvents@mccombs.utexas.edu with any questions!