The MPA office is pleased to announce that David Meintrup has joined the MPA Career Services team as a senior career consultant.

David is a certified career coach with extensive experience working with undergraduate and graduate business students at The University of Texas at Austin, Baylor University, Georgetown University and the University of Phoenix. He has also worked with middle managers and executives in career transition at an outplacement firm.

We asked David a few questions to help us get to know him. Let’s see what we have in common…

How would you describe your career path that led you to McCombs?
I am originally from St. Louis, MO and in 2007 was hired at McCombs to work on the MBA Career Services team to work with international students. What led me to apply, was my wife has family here in town and it was a city she was familiar with and we could see as a long term fit. The University of Texas was my first job in university career services, and it was not until after I had work for other universities that I truly came to appreciate the training I received, the exposure to top employers and the caliber of students represented across all of our business programs. That is truly the driving force that compelled me to return to work here at UT.

What excites you most about working in the MPA Program Office?
I think the two most exciting things about joining the MPA Program Office is the entrepreneurial spirit of the office and how well everyone collaborates. We have achieved and maintained the #1 accounting program in the country for the last 8 years, and you can’t do that without being able to constantly innovate and collaborate against common goals.

What hobbies/interests do you have?
I am huge sci-fi geek, and have been since I have been a kid. International soccer is by far my favorite sport, and I enjoy coaching and watching my son play.

If you weren’t at work right now, what would you be doing?
I would either be doing a home improvement project around the house, or playing with my son Jonas (10) or my daughter Isabela (4).

If you won the lottery, what would you buy first?
I think one of the first things I would do is go around to various family members and pay off all of their mortgages or outstanding debts.

You can schedule an appointment in MOR to talk with with David about career-related topics. We are excited and fortunate to have David as a resource to Texas MPA students and employers. Please join us in welcoming him to the office.