Objectives: The intern will be exposed to basic internal audit concepts and methodologies. These concepts and methodologies could include both assurance and advisory services.
Duties: Assist audit project managers with the implementation of audit programs to address specific audit objectives. Administrative and research projects may also be assigned.
This paid internship is for 30 to 40 hours per week. The applicant selected for this paid internship will be an employee of Peak Performers and not the Texas Department of Public Safety.
* Have been enrolled in the Fall 2011,
* Be currently enrolled as a graduate student,
* Be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student (having completed 60 or more hours), or
* Have graduated with a bachelors or masters degree after May 2010.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
* Proficient communication skills (verbal and written)
* Experience using facilitation and instructional skills
* Working knowledge of business risks and controls
* Coursework in planning, organizing, directing, evaluating and / or controlling.
* Specific internal auditing course work.
* Experience working as a team member.
* Experience leading a team.
To apply, send your resume to [email protected] no later than 5:00 p.m. on January 27, 2012.
Submitted by Madeline Chauvin