Courtney Crosby

Name: Courtney Crosby

Hometown: Houston, TX

MPA Track: Financial Reporting & Assurance

Class Status: 5th year MPA

Estimated Graduation Date: Spring 2014

Why did you choose to attend The University of Texas at Austin?

I fell in love with Austin when I visited in high school, and I knew an education at UT would give me a strong and diverse skill set that would allow me to pursue many career options in the future.

Why did you choose the MPA program?

The number one ranking and strong job prospects made the decision to apply an easy one. Plus, I knew the MPA and the Business Honors Program would be a strong and comprehensive combination that would allow me to excel in the future.

What’s your favorite spot on campus?

When I need to get things done, I head to the Reliant Productivity Center in McCombs. It isn’t exactly fun, exciting, or aesthetically pleasing, but it is the ideal place to go when you need to be productive…hence the name.

Where are your favorite places to go and favorite things to do in Austin?

I have enjoyed discovering all of the hidden gems on UT campus over the past four years. I have visited the Blanton Art Museum, the Stark Center for Physical Culture and Sports, the Harry Ransom Center, the Natural Science Center Museum, the top of the UT Tower, and the Painter Hall telescope dome. In addition, I have wandered all over campus and admired the diverse architecture. It is incredible to have so much culture, science, and art in our own backyard, and it makes me proud to be a Longhorn.

Anything interesting about yourself?

• I earned a black belt in karate when I was in high school.
  • I studied abroad in Paris during the summer of 2013, which was my first time out of the US.

One thought on “Courtney Crosby”

1. Hello, I m planning to get admission in MPA program. I need help for writing an essay. Can you please help me?