Happy Thanksgiving

It was warm for a couple of days in Austin, and then it suddenly dropped to 47 degrees today. Curling up on the sofa with a warm drink and good company feels awesome….

Unfortunately, this languidness is not forever. I have assignments due on Monday, and I am kinda dreading waking up tomorrow coz I know I have work to do. But I have no choice. Too many mid-terms next week. Seems like the break makes professors feel like giving us more than the usual amount of work because they think we would get the time to do it. And students, more often than not, end up leaving some work for the break and then regretting it. (I hear my inner voice screaming, “Time management Riny! Why didn’t you finish up some of this so you could enjoy your break a little more?”)  True. But then… part of student life is doing things last minute once in a while. And hating it. And then telling oneself that things will be very different next semester. (They will be!)

Thanksgiving is pretty special this year, ’cause it’s my son’s first. Even if the day is short-lived, it sure is nice to have some time off from school to spend with family. Even if it was just humble ready-to-eat defrosted stuff. It was special because the Mathais (all 8 of us) ate together. That’s something we don’t get to do that all that often. And it was nice to see my 3-year-old nephew polishing everything off his plate. I promise myself I will set a home cooked meal on my table next year for him!

Here is wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving.

Hope you all had at least some time to spend with loved ones. And time to reflect on the things you have to be grateful for.

I know I had 🙂 And for that also, I am grateful!