The MPA admissions cycle is officially closed for fall 2013.
Thank you, applicants, for taking the time and effort to apply to our program. Once again, the admissions committee was impressed with the strength of the applicant pool this year!
Interested in applying for fall 2014?
Here are ways you can prepare for your application:
- Review our admissions website in late August. Updates on the application process will be posted before the application opens in early September 2013.
- Take courses this summer or fall if you have not completed our pre-enrollment requirements. Please note that we have added introduction to managerial accounting as a pre-enrollment requirement for fall 2014.
- Prepare for the GMAT and TOEFL (if applicable) early so that we receive your test scores before the application deadline.
- Stay tuned to this admissions blog. I will begin posting tips on applying, updates on the admissions process, and highlights of our program after the application opens…Don’t miss out!
Don’t forget! Today is the final application deadline for U.S. applicants for fall 2013. If you are interested in applying to the Texas MPA program and haven’t done so, you will have until 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, March 1 to submit your application from the ApplyTexas system. If you save the application in Apply Texas but do not submit it by 11:59 p.m., you will not have the ability to submit it later. Additionally, be sure to complete your application by supplying all other required application materials as soon as possible because space in our incoming class is limited.
Please note that:
- It will take about 3 weeks for your official GMAT scores to be sent, received, and loaded to your UT application record. I recommend that you send me an email message with an unofficial report, in the meantime, if your official scores are not appearing on your record by Monday.
- Your references will receive an email notification with instructions for supplying the recommendation letter AFTER UT-Austin receives your application from Apply Texas, approximately 24-48 hours after submission. This is also when you will receive a notification and will have the ability to upload your supplemental documents.
If you have any questions or concerns about your application, please contact me. Thank you for considering the Texas MPA program!
We are quickly approaching the final March 1 deadline! If you are interested in applying to the Texas MPA program and haven’t done so, you will have until 11:59 p.m. CST on Friday, March 1 to submit your application from the ApplyTexas system. Be sure to submit all required application materials as soon as possible because space in our incoming class is limited.
Please note that it will take about 3 weeks for your official GMAT scores to be sent, received, and loaded to your UT application record. I recommend that you send me an email message with an unofficial report, in the meantime, if your official scores do not arrive by March 1.
If you have any questions or concerns about your application, please contact me.
The MPA admissions committee is currently reviewing U.S. applications that were completed in early December and will begin releasing decisions soon. Applications that were completed in mid-December will be reviewed in the next two weeks. Admitted applicants will be considered automatically for a possible recruiting scholarship; a separate application is not required. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified via e-mail prior to your response deadline.
The international application review will begin in late January, and decisions will be released in February. If your file was not complete by the January 5 application deadline, please be sure to submit all of your application materials no later than mid-January if you would like your application to be considered in the first round of admissions decisions.
Applicants will receive an e-mail notification after a decision has been entered, and the decision will be posted on the application status check page. As always, please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about your application.
The University of Texas at Austin will be closed for the holidays from Monday, December 24 through Tuesday, January 1. In addition, I will be out of the office on December 21 and January 2-4 with limited access to email. If you need immediate assistance while I am out, please call the MPA Program Office at (512) 471-6559 for program-specific questions, or contact the Graduate and International Admissions Center if you are having technical difficulties with your application materials.
We will begin releasing admissions decisions for U.S. applicants on a rolling basis starting in mid-January. You will receive an email notification after a decision has been entered, and you will be able to view the decision by logging into the My Status page.
As a reminder, all decisions for international applicants will be made after the January 5 application deadline rather than on a rolling basis. We anticipate releasing international admissions decisions from late January through late February.
I hope you enjoy the holidays, and Happy New Year!