1. I do not have an accounting background and need to start the MPA program in the summer. However, I cannot find a summer 2017 MPA application in ApplyTexas. What should I do?
You should complete a fall application, even if you are required to start in the summer. If you are accepted to the MPA program and decide to attend, we will backdate your admission to the summer so that you can enroll in summer courses.
2. Can I submit the application even if I haven’t taken the GMAT yet?
Yes, you can skip the GMAT section on the application. After you take the test, have the official score report sent to UT-Austin, and the scores will be matched to your application.
3. What other application materials do I need to provide, and how do I submit them?
A comprehensive checklist and instructions are available in the MPA admissions packet. Before preparing your application materials, I recommend reviewing the tips to make your application stand out, the MPA class profile, and admissions FAQs.
4. I am a U.S. applicant. Should I apply by the early deadline?
As a general rule, U.S. applicants benefit by submitting their application materials as early as possible in the admissions cycle. However, if you need additional time to prepare your application (to prepare for the GMAT, for example), it is to your advantage to take your time and present the strongest application possible. Keep in mind that we use a rolling admissions process for U.S. applications in which we review applications in the order of completion. Therefore, if you do not complete your application by the early December 1 deadline, you do not need to wait for another “round” on March 1… apply as soon as you are able!
5. I do not have U.S. permanent residency or citizenship status, but I will receive my undergraduate (or graduate) degree in the U.S. Can I apply as a U.S. applicant? Do I need to submit TOEFL or IELTS test scores?
Only U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents are eligible to apply as U.S. applicants. All international MPA applicants, except those from English-only speaking countries, must submit either an Internet-based TOEFL or IELTS official score report. Studying an undergraduate or graduate degree in an English-only speaking country will not waive the TOEFL/IELTS score requirement. However, if applicable, you may request that a copy of your expired Internet-based TOEFL or IELTS score report be used for your MPA application if the scores meet or exceed our preferred minimum requirements. Please refer to the MPA admissions packet for additional information.
Have an additional question? Post it here!