Applying to the Texas MPA program for fall 2017? Start preparing now!
- Review our admissions website thoroughly. If there are any updates to the application process, we will be publish them on this website before the application opens in early September 2016.
- Enroll in courses this summer or fall if you have not completed our pre-enrollment requirements.
- Take the GMAT and TOEFL (if applicable) early so that we receive your test scores before the application deadline.
- Check this admissions blog regularly. I will begin posting tips on applying, updates on the admissions process, and highlights of our program after the application opens…You don’t want to miss it!
New Texas MPA students,
In the not-to-distant future, you will be stepping foot on The University of Texas at Austin campus and spending plenty of time in the McCombs School of Business. The MPA Program Office staff and accounting faculty will be assisting you, step by step, to prepare you for your classes and the busy, yet exciting, employment recruiting season. In the meantime, we recommend that you…
- Learn about UT’s history and traditions.
- Take a virtual tour of The University of Texas at Austin’s campus.
- Review the website for new students.
- Become familiar with student life at UT and in the McCombs School of Business. Over the years, our student bloggers have published a McCombs mini tour, information about the MPA Lounge and other favorite places to study, and the perks to being in Austin and attending a large, prestigious research university.
A Mini Tour of the McCombs School of Business
MPA Educated Eats is More than Just a Sandwich!
First Impressions of Being a TA
Looking Back, Looking Forward
MPAs Work Hard, Play Hard
MPAC in the Community
A Weekend in Austin
Making Austin Memories
Live Music Capital of the World
Next Stop…More Barbecue
Run, Austin! (2.0)
I Met a Famous Author Thanks to UT!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The American Institute of CPAs announced the winners of the 2015 Elijah Watt Sells Award. The award is given to CPA candidates who have obtained a cumulative average score above 95.50 across all four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination, passed all four sections of the Examination on their first attempt and completed testing in 2015. A total of 93,742 individuals sat for the Examination in 2015, with 75 candidates meeting the criteria to receive the Elijah Watt Sells Award. Read more…
Four recipients were from the Texas MPA program:
- Emily Baker
- Nathan Evenson
- Paloma Gante
- Yu-Ting Huang
Excerpted from UT News
AUSTIN, Texas – The University of Texas at Austin has more than 40 graduate programs ranked among the top 10 in the nation and three programs ranked No. 1, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2017 edition of “Best Graduate Schools,” released this morning.
The university has top 10 programs in multiple colleges and schools including business, engineering, education, natural sciences, Earth sciences, public affairs, communications, information, social work, pharmacy, the social sciences, and humanities.
U.S. News & World Report’s graduate rankings, separate from the magazine’s yearly ranking of undergraduate programs, are among the most prestigious ratings in higher education. They are based on surveys of academic leaders and, for select programs, additional quantitative measures including placement test scores, student/faculty ratios, research expenditures and job placement success.
The three programs ranked No. 1 in the nation are accounting in the McCombs School of Business [emphasis added] and petroleum engineering in the Cockrell School of Engineering, both updated this year, and Latin American history in the College of Liberal Arts, last updated in 2013. (U.S. News & World Report does not rank every discipline in every year).
We are quickly approaching the final March 31 deadline. If you are interested in applying to the Texas MPA program and haven’t done so, you will have until 11:59 p.m. CDT on Thursday, March 31 to submit your online application from the ApplyTexas system. Be sure to submit all required application materials as soon as possible because space in our incoming class is limited.
Please note that it will take about 3 weeks for your official GMAT scores to be sent, received, and loaded to your UT application record. I recommend that you send me an email message with an unofficial report, in the meantime, if your official scores do not arrive by March 31.
If you have any questions or concerns about your application, please contact me.
Originally published by Matt Turner in McCombs Today:
For the third year in a row, the McCombs School of Business faculty is the fifth most powerful in the world in terms of its research prowess.
Ranked among public schools, McCombs is No. 1.
The 2016 release of the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) School of Management’s top 100 business school research rankings puts McCombs in elite company:
The University of Texas at Austin will have a spring break next week (March 14-18). The university offices, including the MPA Program Office, will remain open, but classes will not be in session.
Also, don’t forget that Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the U.S. and many parts of the world on Sunday, March 13!
If you are seeking scholarship opportunities for the Texas MPA program, be sure to check your eligibility to apply for an AICPA scholarship. The majority of the scholarships have an April 1 application deadline. Scholarships include (but are not limited to):
- The John L. Carey Scholarship: provides financial assistance to liberal arts and other non-business related degree holders who are pursuing graduate studies in accounting and the CPA designation. Amount: $5,000/year
- The AICPA Minority Scholarship: provides awards to outstanding undergraduate and graduate minority students who plan to pursue the CPA licensure. Amount: $1,000-$5,000/year
- The AICPA/Accountemps Student Scholarship: provides financial assistance to undergraduate & graduate-level students who are seeking the CPA license. Amount: $10,000/year
Many of our students have received these awards in the past. I would strongly encourage you to apply!
The MPA program has extended the Fall 2016 U.S. application deadline to March 31 to provide you with additional time to submit your application materials.
Keep in mind that we review applications on a continuous basis, in the order of file completion, and cannot guarantee space availability. As a result, I recommend that you submit all application materials as soon as possible rather than waiting until the final deadline.
As a reminder, you can track the status of your materials online in the application status check.
The international application review is well under way. We started to release admissions decisions in early February and will continue to do so throughout the rest of the month. You will receive an e-mail notification after a decision has been entered, and the decision will be posted on the application status check page.
We thank you for your application and interest in the Texas MPA!