Are you interested in earning a Master in Professional Accounting (MPA) degree from Texas McCombs?
Meet the MPA team at one of these fall events! We will be available to answer your questions on the MPA program and the benefits it offers you. We look forward to seeing you soon!
MCCOMBS CAREER EXPO
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 3-5 P.M.
UT REC SPORTS CENTER, 2ND FLOOR
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 10 A.M.-3 P.M.
SPEEDWAY OUTSIDE GSB/CBA
MAJOR MINOR EXPO
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 11 A.M.-2 P.M.
GREGORY GYM PLAZA
MPA Class of 2019
The incoming MPA class recently began their Texas McCombs journey by participating in orientation. The three days were filled with academic and alumni panels, career coaching sessions and networking opportunities with employers, peers, faculty and staff…not to mention MPA swag and delicious food!
Read more in MPA Weekly…
The fall 2019 online application is open!
All application materials, including official test scores, must be received before an application will be reviewed for a decision.
U.S. applicants (early deadline): December 1, 2018
International applicants: January 5, 2019
U.S. applicants (final deadline): March 31, 2019
U.S. Applications: The admissions committee reviews completed U.S. applications on a rolling basis starting in December.
International Applications: All international applications are reviewed after the January 5 application deadline.
Contact us if you have any questions along the way. We look forward to receiving your applications!
Business Insider recently ranked Austin as having the third best economy among the nation’s 40 biggest cities and the second-highest job growth rate.
See the full ranking
Read more at culturemap Austin…
The American Institute of CPAs announced the winners of the 2017 Elijah Watt Sells Award. This prestigious award is granted to CPA candidates who scored above 95.50 across the four sections of the CPA Exam, passed all four sections on their first attempt, and completed testing in 2017.
Only 58 candidates met the criteria to receive the Elijah Watt Sells Award out of a total of 95,858 individuals who sat for the CPA Exam. Two alumni of the Texas MPA Program were named as recipients: Hyungmin Kim (MPA ‘16) and Maureen Sweet (MPA ‘16). Hyungmin is employed with The Dow Chemical Company in Midland, Michigan, and Maureen is employed with Deloitte Tax, LLP in San Jose, California.
Congratulations on a job well done!
Applying to the Texas MPA for fall 2019? Start preparing now!
- Review our admissions website thoroughly. If there are any updates to the application process, we will be publish them on this website before the application opens in late August 2018.
- Enroll in courses this summer or fall if you have not completed our pre-enrollment requirements.
- Take the GMAT or GRE (all applicants) and TOEFL or IELTS (international applicants) early so that we receive your test scores by the application deadline.
- Check this admissions blog regularly. I will begin posting tips on applying, updates on the admissions process, and highlights of our program after the application opens…You don’t want to miss it!
New MPA students,
In the not-to-distant future, you will be stepping foot on The University of Texas at Austin campus and spending plenty of time in the McCombs School of Business. The MPA Program Office staff and accounting faculty will be assisting you, step by step, to prepare you for your classes and the busy, yet exciting, employment recruiting season. In the meantime, we recommend that you…
- Learn about UT’s history and traditions.
- Take a virtual tour of The University of Texas at Austin’s campus.
- Follow the instructions on the website for new students.
- Become familiar with student life at UT and in the McCombs School of Business. Over the years, our student bloggers have written about their experiences in our program, their favorite places to study, and the perks to being in Austin and attending a large, prestigious research university. Some examples:
Why I Chose to Stay
The Coffee Experience
There is More Than One Library on the UT Campus!
MPA Educated Eats is More than Just a Sandwich!
First Impressions of Being a TA
Looking Back, Looking Forward
MPAC in the Community
A Weekend in Austin
Making Austin Memories
Live Music Capital of the World
Next Stop…More Barbecue
We look forward to seeing you soon!
What types of careers are possible with an MPA degree?
Conversations with Career Services is an opportunity for prospective students to uncover the full range of career options the MPA program can offer. From investment banking to finance from consulting to advisory… our students have gone there.
Come join the career services team for small group discussions on your dream job. This is a great opportunity to dispel some myths, uncover some new information, and get your questions answered.
RSVP and join us! Pizza will be served at the conclusion of the session.
DATE: April 20, 2018
TIME: 11 a.m. – 12 p.m.
LOCATION: UT-Austin, Room: UTC 1.102
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on 2017 Bureau of Labor Statistics data, Austin was ranked the 2nd fastest city for job growth.
Graduate accounting at UT’s McCombs School of Business is ranked #1, according to U.S. News & World Report’s 2019 edition of “Best Graduate Schools.” Read more…