1. What major should I select in the ApplyTexas application?
Select “Professional Accounting MPA” rather than “Accounting-Professional Program, (PPA) Fifth Year.”
2. I do not have an accounting background and need to start the MPA program in the summer. However, I cannot find a summer 2016 MPA application in ApplyTexas. What should I do?
You will complete a fall application, even if you are required to start in the summer. If you are accepted to the MPA program and decide to attend, we will backdate your admission to the summer so that you can enroll in summer courses.
3. How do I pay the application fee?
Payment of the application processing fee may be submitted electronically via MasterCard or Visa if submitted on the ApplyTexas site. If you do not pay your application fee on the ApplyTexas site, you will receive an email message after submitting your online application which will include instructions for making payment to The University of Texas at Austin directly. Payment options will include Discover, MasterCard, electronic check, or electronic funds transfer. Please note that The University of Texas at Austin does not accept Visa. If you wish to pay by Visa, you should pay your application fee on the ApplyTexas site.
4. What other application materials do I need to provide, and how do I submit them?
A comprehensive checklist and instructions are available in the MPA admissions packet. I also recommend reviewing the tips to make your application stand out, admissions FAQs, and the MPA class profile.
5. I am a U.S. applicant. Should I apply by the early deadline?
As a general rule, U.S. applicants benefit by submitting their application materials as early as possible in the admissions cycle. However, if you need additional time to prepare your application (to prepare for the GMAT, for example), it is to your advantage to take your time and present the strongest application possible. Keep in mind that we use a rolling admissions process for U.S. applications in which we review applications in the order of completion. Therefore, if you do not complete your application by the early December 1 deadline, you do not need to wait for another “round” on March 1… apply as soon as you are able!
6. Can I submit the application even if I haven’t taken the GMAT yet?
Yes, you can submit your application without reporting GMAT scores. The official GMAT score report needs to be sent to UT-Austin directly from the testing agency.
7. I do not have U.S. permanent residency or citizenship status, but I will receive my undergraduate (or graduate) degree in the U.S. Can I apply as a U.S. applicant? Do I need to submit TOEFL or IELTS test scores?
Only U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents are eligible to apply as U.S. applicants. All international MPA applicants, except those from English-only speaking countries, must submit either an Internet-based TOEFL or IELTS official score report. Studying an undergraduate or graduate degree in an English-only speaking country will not waive the TOEFL/IELTS score requirement. However, if applicable, you may request that a copy of your expired Internet-based TOEFL or IELTS score report be used for your MPA application if the scores meet or exceed our preferred minimum requirements. Please refer to the MPA admissions packet for additional information.