Originally published by Matt Turner in McCombs Today:
For the third year in a row, the McCombs School of Business faculty is the fifth most powerful in the world in terms of its research prowess.
Ranked among public schools, McCombs is No. 1.
The 2016 release of the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) School of Management’s top 100 business school research rankings puts McCombs in elite company:
The University of Texas at Austin will have a spring break next week (March 14-18). The university offices, including the MPA Program Office, will remain open, but classes will not be in session.
Also, don’t forget that Daylight Saving Time begins for most of the U.S. and many parts of the world on Sunday, March 13!
If you are seeking scholarship opportunities for the Texas MPA program, be sure to check your eligibility to apply for an AICPA scholarship. The majority of the scholarships have an April 1 application deadline. Scholarships include (but are not limited to):
- The John L. Carey Scholarship: provides financial assistance to liberal arts and other non-business related degree holders who are pursuing graduate studies in accounting and the CPA designation. Amount: $5,000/year
- The AICPA Minority Scholarship: provides awards to outstanding undergraduate and graduate minority students who plan to pursue the CPA licensure. Amount: $1,000-$5,000/year
- The AICPA/Accountemps Student Scholarship: provides financial assistance to undergraduate & graduate-level students who are seeking the CPA license. Amount: $10,000/year
Many of our students have received these awards in the past. I would strongly encourage you to apply!
The MPA program has extended the Fall 2016 U.S. application deadline to March 31 to provide you with additional time to submit your application materials.
Keep in mind that we review applications on a continuous basis, in the order of file completion, and cannot guarantee space availability. As a result, I recommend that you submit all application materials as soon as possible rather than waiting until the final deadline.
As a reminder, you can track the status of your materials online in the application status check.
The international application review is well under way. We started to release admissions decisions in early February and will continue to do so throughout the rest of the month. You will receive an e-mail notification after a decision has been entered, and the decision will be posted on the application status check page.
We thank you for your application and interest in the Texas MPA!
Why Should You Attend the Texas MPA Program? Consider This…
1) Top-Ranked Accounting: The McCombs School of Business graduate and undergraduate accounting programs are Ranked #1 with U.S. News and the Public Accounting Report. What contributes to our reputation for excellence?
2) High Quality Campus: The University of Texas at Austin is ranked highly in the nation and the world. The Princeton Review’s recent guide, “The Best 295 Business Schools, 2016 Edition”, ranks McCombs in the top 10 for the best professors category, based on student responses regarding how well their professors perform as teachers and how accessible they are outside the classroom. Attending a top national university offers distinct advantages, such as access to
3) Great Place to Live: Would you like to live in a city that offers a relatively moderate cost of living and other attractive features? The city of Austin regularly tops many rankings, such as the city most likely to prosper over the next 10 years, best city for job seekers and fastest growing city. Austin offers great weather and plenty of outdoor activities in a laid-back, friendly environment and consistently receives high accolades for quality of life, innovation, employment opportunities, cost of living…and the list goes on….
4) Longhorn Spirit: The University of Texas at Austin is filled with history and traditions and plenty of exciting athletic events.
Want to learn more about our program from a student’s perspective? Read Live and Learn, our student blog, or contact an MPA student ambassador.
We encourage admitted applicants to visit the Texas MPA program to learn more about Austin, the MPA curriculum, career opportunities, our faculty, and the MPA experience. To arrange a personalized visit, please submit the visit form to the MPA Program Office at least two weeks prior to your planned visit.
We look forward to meeting with you!
Texas MPA merit scholarships are offered to admitted U.S. applicants who demonstrate a superior record of academic accomplishment in their application materials. In addition, out-of-state tuition waivers are awarded each year to a select group of high-achieving non-Texas residents. Admitted applicants are considered automatically for these awards; a separate application is not required. Please note the following:
- If you are admitted, the MPA Program Office will notify you via e-mail prior to your MPA admission response deadline if you are awarded an MPA Merit Scholarship and/or out-of-state tuition waiver.
- If your admissions response deadline is approaching and you haven’t received notification of a scholarship award, please feel free to contact me so that I can update you on the status of our scholarships.
- Due to limited funding, international applicants are not eligible for departmental recruiting scholarships and therefore should be prepared to meet all expenses from their own resources.
For information about other financial aid options, please visit our financial aid website.
The Accounting Degree Review recently ranked the Texas MPA the No. 1 graduate accounting program of 2016! The review was based on the rankings from U.S. News and World Report, Public Accounting Report and Brigham Young University (BYU) and AACSB accreditation.
From UT News: Active Minds, a national nonprofit group with 400 campus chapters advocating for young-adult mental health, named UT Austin a winner of the inaugural 2015 Active Minds Health Campus Award.