The students from the MPA Class of 2016 are already demonstrating great success! At the time of graduation:
- 98% accepted offers of employment. 1% opted to continue their education post-MPA.
- 90% of our international MPA graduates accepted offers of employment. 3% opted to continue their education post-MPA.
Our MPA graduates opted for full-time employment in 21 states throughout the Southwest (75%), East (10%), West (9%), South (3%) and Midwest (3%) and with a variety of employers:
- 4% consulting
- 5% industry
- 4% investment banking and other financial services
- 87% public accounting (including advisory services)
The international application review is well under way. We will begin to release admissions decisions soon and continue to do so throughout the rest of the month. You will receive an e-mail notification after a decision has been entered, and the decision will be posted on the application status check page.
We thank you for your application and interest in the Texas MPA!
We encourage admitted applicants to visit the Texas MPA program to learn more about Austin, the MPA curriculum, career opportunities, our faculty, and the MPA experience. To arrange a personalized visit, please submit the visit form to the MPA Program Office at least two weeks prior to your planned visit.
We look forward to meeting with you!
Texas MPA merit scholarships are offered to admitted U.S. applicants who demonstrate a superior record of academic accomplishment in their application materials. In addition, out-of-state tuition waivers are awarded each year to a select group of high-achieving non-Texas residents. Admitted applicants are considered automatically for these awards; a separate application is not required. Please note the following:
- If you are admitted, the MPA Program Office will notify you via e-mail prior to your MPA admission response deadline if you are awarded an MPA Merit Scholarship and/or out-of-state tuition waiver.
- If your admissions response deadline is approaching and you haven’t received notification of a scholarship award, please feel free to contact me so that I can update you on the status of our scholarships.
- Due to limited funding, international applicants are not eligible for departmental recruiting scholarships and therefore should be prepared to meet all expenses from their own resources.
For information about other financial aid options, please visit our financial aid website.
Originally published in UT NEWS
Discover how UT Austin was recognized as one of the best universities in 2016!
I hope you all enjoyed a relaxing holiday season! Here is an update on the status of our application reviews.
- We have been reviewing completed U.S. applications and releasing decisions on a rolling basis. Admitted applicants will be considered automatically for a possible recruiting scholarship; a separate application is not required. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be notified via e-mail prior to your response deadline. The final U.S. application deadline is March 1.
- The international application deadline was January 5. The application review will begin in late January, and decisions will be released in February. Please be sure to submit all of your supplemental application materials no later than mid-January if you would like your application to be considered in the first round of admissions decisions. Also, please send me a copy of your GMAT or TOEFL score reports if they have not been posted to your application record yet.
You will receive an e-mail notification after a decision has been entered, and the decision will be posted on the application status check page. As always, please contact me if you have any questions or concerns about your application.
The University of Texas at Austin will be closed for the holidays from Friday, December 23 through Friday, December 30. Please contact the Graduate and International Admissions Center if you are having technical difficulties with your application materials, or contact me after the break.
Enjoy the holidays, and I wish you a happy new year!
Your application deadline is quickly approaching! Be sure to continuously monitor the status of your application materials in the online application status check.
What if all of your application materials have not been received by January 5?
- Please keep me updated on the status of your outstanding application materials. If your file is not complete by the application deadline or very shortly thereafter, we will do what we can to include your file in the first round of admissions decisions; however, if your application materials arrive too late, we cannot guarantee it. As a result, make every attempt to complete your application as close to the application deadline as possible.
- If your TOEFL/IELTS or GMAT scores have not been posted to your application record by January 5, please contact me and let me know the date that you requested your score report to be sent to The University of Texas at Austin. Additionally, send me a copy of the unofficial results if you have received them.
- Your application will not be considered complete and reviewed for a decision until all application materials, including the official score reports, have been received. On average, it takes at least 3-4 weeks for the test scores to be sent, received, and uploaded to an applicant’s record.
Do you have any concerns about your application? Please do not hesitate to contact me. I am here to help!
Reminder: All international applications will be reviewed after the January 5 application deadline, not on a rolling basis.
Congratulations! You completed your U.S. application! When can you expect to receive a decision?
We are beginning to process and review applications that were completed by December 1 and will start releasing decisions either before or immediately following UT-Austin’s winter break.
If you complete your application after the 12/1 early deadline, you can expect to receive a decision approximately one month after file completion.
NOTE: All materials, including official test scores, must be received in order for an application to be considered complete and reviewed for a decision. Be sure to check the status of your application on a regular basis!
How will you be notified after a decision has been made?
The decision will be posted on the Application Status Check page, and you will receive an e-mail notification from the Graduate and International Admissions Center. Students who are accepted to the MPA program also will receive an e-mail notification from the MPA Program Office with instructions for accepting or declining the admission offer.
You were admitted to another university and the acceptance deadline is approaching, but you haven’t received a decision from the Texas MPA program. What should you do?
If you should receive an admission offer from another university and need to respond to the offer before you receive a decision from the Texas MPA program, please send me an email message with the name of the university and the admission response deadline. Although we cannot guarantee an earlier admission decision, we will do our best to accommodate your request.
The MPA Program Office will be closed November 23-25 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
We wish you a happy Thanksgiving!