Some of you out there might be wondering: will attending business school in Texas still allow me to get out to the mountains to ski/board? Well, I’m happy to report, the answer is a resounding YES!
During the first weekend in February, about 150 Texas MBAs, spouses, significant others, and friends descended upon Breckenridge, Colorado for the annual Graduate Business Adventure Team (GBAT) Ski Trip. Every spring semester, the GBAT organizes a trip out of Austin, and up into the mountains, to take in a little fun on the slopes (and on the town!). The GBAT organizes lodging arrangements, equipment/lift ticket discounts, shuttles, and happy hours. With everything that Texas MBAs have going on around Austin, it definitely makes things easy when all we need to plan on our own is flights!
We all had a great time breathing in the fresh mountain air (or huffing and puffing in the much higher than sea-level altitude, as it were). But beyond the excellent ski conditions, it was a great time to relax with friends and forget about the stresses of schoolwork that we left behind!
Some highlights of the trip included:
- Sun and blue sky conditions
- Friday evening happy hour at Mi Casa – such a great turnout that it was standing room only!
- A couple of us getting summer internship offers while having lunch on the mountain
- Condos that were just steps away from the lift
- Bar-hopping on Main Street in Breckenridge
- The Budweiser International Snow Sculpture Championships (see below)