GASB Yomara Eiranova (MPA ’15) and  Sarah Jones (BBA ’14, MPA ’15) have been offered Postgraduate Technical Assistant (PTA) positions with the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB).  This is one of the highest honors for new graduates as they get firsthand experience working with the government board.

“The reason I am excited for this position is because I feel it will stretch me as a professional,” shared Yomara. “I will be learning so much, so fast, not only about the standards themselves, but about the process and the research behind it. The position also places lots of responsibility on the individual. I see it as a great opportunity to grow personally and professionally.”

Sarah begins her PTA tenure in June 2015 with plans to join EY afterwards; Yomara will start with the GASB on January 2016 before working at KPMG.

The GASB PTA program is a one-year term, during which the individual becomes highly involved with the accounting standards-setting process and comes to have an in-depth understanding of the roles played by preparers, auditors, and users of financial information. These positions are so well-respected that employers typically allow students to push back their employment start date in order to take on the GASB internship.