* To learn more about AutoArchiving, go to the Training Team’s Managing Your Mailbox Size page.
** My grocery lists are not this organized, and they’re usually done on the back of a used envelope.
Create a Mulitlevel List
Often when making a list, you will need to make a subcategory of one of the items on your list. When you do this, you’re making a multilevel list. In a multilevel list, sublevels are indented, and have different bullet or number styles. You change the level of an item in a list by increasing or decreasing the indent level of the item.
Here are all the buttons you’ll need to modify your list:
Increase or Decrease the Indent on an Item in Your List
- Click the Increase Indent or Decrease Indent buttons on the Home tab of the ribbon.
- Use the keyboard. Tab to increase the indent, Shift + Tab to decrease it.
- Select the item, click to the Mulitlevel List button, select Change Level, and click on the level you want the item to be changed to.
Pressing Enter will create an entry at the same indent level as the previous entry.
Change the Bullet or Number Style
If you don’t like the look of your bullets or numbers, you can change their appearance.
- Click somewhere on your list.
- Click on the Multilevel List button in the Paragraph section of the Home tab. (If you’re not creating a multilevel list, click on the arrow next to the Bullets or Numbering button.)
- Hover over the different styles to see them enlarged.
- Click on the style you would like to apply to your list.
What if you don’t like any of the styles available to you? Tune in next week to find out what to do.