If you mark a lot of favorites in your browser, pretty soon it’s hard to find the one you’re looking for. If you use Internet Explorer, here’s how you can organize and alphabetize your favorites.
Open the Organize Favorites window in Internet Explorer:
- Click on the Favorites button.
- Click the drop down arrow next to the Add to favorites button and select Organize Favorites.
Make a new folder:
- Click the New Folder button.
- A new folder will appear in your favorites list with the name New Folder highlighted. Type a new name for the folder and press Enter.
Move a bookmark into a folder:
- In the Organize Favorites window, click on the favorite, keep holding down the left mouse button and drag it to the folder you’d like to drop it in.
- When the folder you want to drop it in is highlighted, release the left mouse button.
Rearrange favorites within the main list or within a folder:
- Click on the favorite and hold down the left mouse button.
- Drag the favorite to the place you would like to drop it and release the left mouse button.
Alphabetize your favorites:
- Right click on any favorite.
- Select Sort by name from the right click menu.
Note: if you do this within a folder, it will only alphabetize within that folder.