We’ve blogged before about embedding a YouTube video in PowerPoint 2003 and 2007, but now that PowerPoint 2010 is out, embedding a YouTube video is considerably easier. Remember that when you embed a video in a slide, PowerPoint is accessing the video from the web site, so you will need an internet connection when you show the presentation.
Embed from YouTube
- Go to the Insert tab in PowerPoint.
- Click on the bottom half of the Video button and select Video from Web Site…
- The Insert Video from Web Site dialog box will open. Leave this for now.
- Go to the YouTube video you want to embed.
- Below the video, click on the Share button. (See image above.)
- Click the Embed button. (See image above.)
- Below the Embed code, check the Use Old Embed Code box. We also recommend unchecking the Show suggested videos when the video finishes box. (See image below.)
- Copy the embed code in the box above. (See image below.)
- Go back to PowerPoint.
- Paste the embed code in the Insert Video from Web Site box.
- Click the Insert button.
- You can resize the video by clicking on the black box on the slide, and then dragging the round circles at the corners. Enlarging the video may effect the image quality.
When you give the slide show, you’ll have the same play, pause, and volume controls that you have when you view a video in YouTube. You can also use the Full Screen button in the far right corner to view the video full screen.
The still image above is from this video – http://youtu.be/cBtFTF2ii7U. If you’re looking for a heartwarming story about interspecies friendship, I recommend you watch.