We always look for good images. Pictures tell a thousand words, making them ideal additions to blog posts, class projects, presentations, emails, and other social media applications. Fortunately, Microsoft drastically improved their Clip Art galleries in the last several years, adding thousands of high quality photographs. Using Microsoft’s Clip Art galleries while connected to the internet gives you access to this vast online library of free photographs, plus clip art, movies and sounds. You can use, edit and post these photos without having to worry about copyright infringement.
1. Go to the Insert tab in any Microsoft Office 2007 program and click on the Clip Art button in the Illustrations section. (In Office 2003, go to the Insert menu, select Picture, and select Clip Art.)
3. Enter a search topic in the Search for field.
4. Under Search in leave as All collections.
5. Use the options in the Results should be drop down box to narrow results to certain media file types (Clip Art, Photographs, Movies, Sounds).
6. Click Go.
7. Single-click a thumbnail image to insert it into your document.
If you need to save a Clip Art image, insert it on a PowerPoint slide. Then right-click the image and select Save as Picture…
In my next post I’ll talk about using images from Flickr.com.