If you want to view two different Excel spreadsheets at the same time and it seems like you can’t, well, you can. If you have one Excel file open and then you open another, it replaces the previous one and you’ll end up jumping back and forth between your spreadsheets. Instead, view them both side by side, this allows you to compare data more effectively.
Here is how you do it:
- Open both of the Excel files you wish to view together.
- Go to the View tab and in the Window section click the View Side by Side command button.
- You will now be able to see both of your spreadsheets simultaneously.
• You can click and drag, move, and resize your two spreadsheets as needed.
• Synchronous Scrolling – This command on the View tab will let you scroll through your two spreadsheets individually or simultaneously.
• Reset Window Position – This command, also on the View tab, will reset your side by side view to an above and below view. This is the default view and the first time you view side by side spreadsheets they will be above and below.
Excel will remember your last side by side view set up and open future files to the last set position you viewed in.
I hope this will help everyone who is comparing data from one spreadsheet to another.