Job Title: Auditor I (Full-Time Temporary)
Employer: Office of the City Auditor, City of Austin
Location: City Hall, 301 W 2nd St
Application Deadline: February 28, 2013
Application Process: Submit application to https://www.austincityjobs.org/. Brief internship interviews will be conducted either by phone or in person.
Job Description and Preferred Qualifications: The Office of the City Auditor is looking for currently enrolled graduate students to conduct research and analysis for a specific project, expected to end in June 2013. These are paid full-time, temporary positions, but part-time candidates may be accepted at a minimum of 20 hours per week with the possibility to continue past the project deadline (i.e. could convert to full time summer internship, depending on applicant and office need). Pay is $19.97/hour.
The duties and responsibilities of this position will be similar to those of an entry-level auditor in our office and may include:
- Participating in interviews and meetings with external parties to elicit useful, relevant, and reliable information.
- Collecting and analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Conducting research on subject matters related to the project.
- Documenting information and conclusions in an organized and useful manner.
- Using collected information to support conclusions.
- Developing clear, concise, timely, and accurate written summaries.
- Learning auditing processes procedures and techniques.
- Possessing and maintaining the highest standards of conduct in both official and personal matters.
The Office of the City Auditor is a City department that reports directly to the City Council and provides a menu of services including performance audits, investigations, and special request projects. These services are designed to provide information to support the City Council’s decision making, establish accountability for meeting expectations, and generate a force for positive change. Projects primarily focus on the performance of City departments, programs, and initiatives with emphasis on results/effectiveness and efficiency/economy. More information about the Office of the City Auditor and audit report examples can be found at www.austintexas.gov\auditor.
Submitted by Ashley Wallace