Career Resources for MPA Graduates
The McCombs School of Business is committed to being a resource for you throughout your life. Below you will find some of the valuable career resources offered to our Texas MPA Alumni.
Job Boards and Resume Databases
- McCombs Alumni Job Board provides an exclusive, one stop shop for employers and alumni to post positions, including experienced hire positions for our Texas MPA alumni.
- HireUTexas is the University of Texas at Austin’s campus-wide job board, connecting students and alumni with employers looking for top talent. Graduate level and experienced hire positions are included on this site.
- The McCombs Alumni Network keeps you in touch with fellow alumni and the school to ensure lifetime bonds. If you’re changing jobs, hiring employees, or seeking greater business knowledge, you can depend on your Alumni Network to assist you.
- McCombs Alumni Chapters (click on the “Chapters” tab) connect alumni all over the world and help them maintain a strong affiliation with the school and current students. Get involved with your chapter today!
- Visit the McCombs Online Resources (MOR) to update your profile, search for classmates and colleagues, and network with fellow alumni. MOR provides you with lifelong access to over 90,000 McCombs alumni. You can search by name, employer, degree program, degree year, region, function, or industry. Please update your information so your classmates and current students can connect with you!
- Knowledge To Go Webinars (KTG) are free webinar series providing all McCombs alumni the ability to continue their active learning relationship with the university through monthly one-hour webinars.
- Career Webinars are free webinar series bringing you career coaches who share their expertise on topics like networking, branding, interviewing, and influencing through these monthly interactive webinars.
- Texas Executive Education provides solutions for individuals seeking to further their knowledge and advance their careers, as well as forward-thinking organizations realizing the benefits of well-educated employees. These programs, led by world-class faculty, focus on individualized, engaged learning to create lasting change in your career and your life.
LinkedIn and Social Media
- LinkedIn’s University Tool can help you make the most of your McCombs network, but make sure your profile is linked to The University of Texas at Austin – Red McCombs School of Business. A brief tutorial is here: LinkedIn Alumni Tool. This allows you to search all McCombs alumni by city, industry, class year, affinity, etc.
- LinkedIn’s Texas MPA Network will connect you with other MPA students and alums. This is great for identifying MPAs who are connected to specific industries and locations.
- Social Media sites such as Facebook and Twitter allow you to join the McCombs Alumni Network on your favorite social media outlets. These tools provide a platform for McCombs alumni to connect socially and network professionally. And you can find MPA-specific groups on Facebook and Twitter.
- Texas Exes is a network with over 485,000 alumni from all over the university. Your first year membership in TexasExes is free – paid for by the McCombs School! Through Texas Exes you will be provided with networking events, Hire ’Em Horns job board, and access to UT libraries and online publications.
Good luck in all your future endeavors and we look forward to seeing you back on campus or out on the road. Please keep in touch!