TXCPA Austin Scholarship Opportunity
The TXCPA Austin/CPE Foundation established a scholarship program whose purpose is to provide scholarship assistance to junior, senior, and graduate accounting students who plan to become Certified Public Accountants and enter the accounting profession. To be considered for this Scholarship, a student must:
Be a junior, senior, or graduate accounting major attending a university in the Austin Chapter Area where classes are approved by the Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, OR a student of Austin Community College’s Professional Accountant, Advanced Technical Certificate program, with the intent of becoming a Texas Certified Public Accountant and entering the accounting profession upon graduation.
- Accounting GPA of 3.0 or better (including Principles of Accounting)
- Have completed at least one upper division or professional accounting course
- Submit the following to the TXCPA Austin/CPE Foundation Scholarship Committee, 3305 Northland Drive, #406, Austin, TX, 78731, and MUST be received by November 15, 2019.
- A typed letter, no longer than one page, addressed to the Scholarship Committee, TXCPA Austin/CPE Foundation, explaining why you want to become a CPA.
- A typed or neatly printed application, signed by faculty of the university’s accounting department.
- Official cumulative college transcript(s) through the end of the summer 2019 semester to include credit hours earned from all colleges and universities and cumulative GPA.
Scholarships of $500 – $2,500 will be awarded at the discretion of the Scholarship Committee based on applicant’s qualifications, with the highest award being the Bette Williams Scholarship. If a student is awarded a scholarship, they must send in proof of registration for the Spring Semester before the check will be sent to the school. Checks will be made payable to the university for the benefit of the student and mailed to the university in time for the spring semester.
The application is available online at www.cpascount.org. Deadline for submission is November 15.
The TXCPA Austin/CPE Foundation and the Scholarship Committee reserve the right to refrain from awarding scholarships in the event applicants do not meet the desired qualifications.
Students receiving awards are expected to participate in chapter activities/events when possible. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.