The MPA Program Office is proud to announce a series of Ethics Unwrapped sessions for the fall 2018 semester.
Ethics Unwrapped is a McCombs School video series and educational program that is free (free!) and easily accessible to anyone who wishes to teach or learn about ethics. The videos are supplemented by case studies, discussion questions, teaching notes, bibliographies, and transcripts. A major focus of many of the videos is on behavioral ethics the science of ethical decision making that arises from psychology, cognitive science, evolutionary biology and related fields that study how and why people make the ethical (and unethical) decisions that they do. Some of these videos give insight into issues related to diversity and inclusion, and four of these videos will be the foundation for four classes to be offered to MPA students by the McCombs D&I Initiative, headed by Associate Dean Raji Srinivasan.
The MPA Program Office will host several Ethics Unwrapped sessions this semester.
- Implicit Bias: Wednesday, October 31st 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. RSVP here.
- Self-Serving Bias: Monday, November 5th 4:00 – 4:45 p.m. RSVP here.
- Implicit Bias: Wednesday, November 7th 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. RSVP here.
- Self-Serving Bias: Monday, November 12th 4:00 – 5:00 p.m. RSVP here.
- Implicit Bias: Wednesday, November 14th 12:00 – 1:30 p.m. RSVP here.
Food and drinks will be provided at each session.
If you have any questions, you can email MPAEvents@mccombs.utexas.edu.