Data Specialist Positions with BBA Career Services
BBA Career Services is hiring Data Specialists for Spring 2018 and for Fall 2018 – Spring 2019. Please see below for position details and how to apply.
Primary Job Duties
- Assist Career Coach and Directors in tracking internship and full-time job offer data of undergraduate students
- Utilize online offer system to create/manage Excel spreadsheets to track data
- Track data in Excel spreadsheets, create pivot tables, and calculate percentages
- Generate statistics used for Business School rankings
- Create reports on a weekly basis (audience: Career Coaches, Dean Hartzell, Faculty, etc.)
- Generate weekly “on-demand reports” with a turnaround time, typically only one or two days
Additional Job Duties
- Conduct quality assurance on data entered into online offer system
- Conduct quality assurance on online offer system
- Identify errors in online offer system and test fixes made by technology team
- Update online offer system with new employer data
- Investigate and fix errors in online offer system
- Manual data entry into online offer system
- Analyze prior year reports to come up with new ways to present data efficiently
- Knowledge of Excel – basic functionality as well as knowledge of Excel formulas (VLookup, Countif, etc.) and pivot table functionality
- Comfortable working with moderately large datasets
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work with confidential information
- $12 per hour
- Work up to 10 hours/week – hourly pay
- Must be able to attend weekly meetings
For Spring 2018 Positions:
- Available to work Spring 2018 and attend training in December
- Must be a May 2018 graduate and enrolled as full-time graduate student (6 hours) in spring 2018 at the University of Texas.
Please send the following items by December 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org: Resume, Letter of Interest/Cover Letter.
For Fall 2018 – Spring 2019 Positions:
- Available to work Fall 2018 through Spring 2019 and attend training in late April through May 2018 (Work hours are available in summer 2018 if desired)
- Must be a May 2019 graduate and enrolled as full-time graduate student (6 hours each semester) in fall 2018 and spring 2019 at the University of Texas
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with interviews starting in December 2017. Please send the following items to email@example.com: Resume, Letter of Interest/Cover Letter.