The MPA Program Office is excited to welcome Jaina Wu, who joined the team at the beginning of the spring semester as a Peer Career Consultant (PCC). As a PCC, Jaina has already started helping MPA Career Services with many different projects and events.

We asked Jaina a few things to get to know her better….

• Tell us a little bit about yourself and your background.
    I was born and grew up in Changzhou, China. I completed my Bachelor of Commerce degree at the University of Toronto with double major in Accounting and Finance. Before coming to the U.S., I worked in the Financial Reporting Department at 1832 Asset Management L.P. in Toronto for one year and a half. I am currently a traditional MPA student and will be graduating from the Financial Reporting & Assurance Track in August, 2017.
  • Choose your age forever, what age would you choose and why?
    19 – when I left my home country and went to Canada to attend college on my own. It was an age with fantastic growth opportunities and great potential of obtaining rewarding experiences.
  • If you could be an Olympic athlete what sport would you compete in?
    Gymnastics.
  • Who is your favorite fictional character (books, movies, TV shows) and why?
    Jon Snow from Game of Thrones. He is the type of leader and hero that I admire – kind and sympathetic. He always works hard and leads by example.
  • As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
    An entrepreneur that could lead a company to make an impact to the world.
  • Why are you excited to work with MPA students?
    MPA students are driven and always strive for excellence. I would love to learn about the unique experiences and help them explore career interests and opportunities.